The Student Room Group

Rejected from University

I got an email from my chosen University today saying that I didn't get a place with DLL to do Japanese Studies with a foundation year. Purely because I lacked the work experience. As someone with autism and ADHD what did they really expect? I've had a few jobs but was unable to keep them for other personal reasons.

Though I will likely try again for 2024 after I try and get another job just to add to the list of jobs I have already had.
Hi!
I’m so sorry to hear this happened, but this exact thing happened to my friend when we were applying last year (different course though). They were never told that they needed a tonne of hours of work experience, so were ultimately rejected. However, universities offered them alternative courses and another took a very long time overlooking the situation and offered them a near identical course.

Have your other options offered you a place? Or could you try clearing?
Original post by Anonymous
I got an email from my chosen University today saying that I didn't get a place with DLL to do Japanese Studies with a foundation year. Purely because I lacked the work experience. As someone with autism and ADHD what did they really expect? I've had a few jobs but was unable to keep them for other personal reasons.

Though I will likely try again for 2024 after I try and get another job just to add to the list of jobs I have already had.

How many years have you been in work? I've seen a few people rejected for the same reason, and I'm interested to know what they deem not enough as I'm waiting for a reply on my space
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 3
Contact the University - no one here will have the answer to this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending