The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Psychology Papers 1 & 2 - 19th & 26th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by j3ssica jon3s
hey i hope ur awake now but basically look at the 9 marker eg they gave in the textbook cuz it gives u a good understanding. basically they may ask u stuff like 'evaluate how culture influences group behaviour or what factors influence social issues.

so the ao1s for these 2 qs r given directly in the text
ao2 ig we cant tell till we actually get our paper
the ao3s are also given in the text... (each factor has a study it references)

if u want me to be more specific with egs just lmk

hey i fell asleep LMFAO but tysm you were so right it was social and cultural influences 😭😭 i did some extra revision on it after u told me so i think i actually did ok on it!! thank u sm fr
That exam was absolutely shockinggg oh my god
Reply 22
How did everyone find it? I thought it was decent, although I didn’t like the last question because my brain was so tired and I could think how to properly structure and what to say. I ended up talking about identification and internalisation and then rehearsal!

And the social and cultural issues was good because I had just revised it an hour before, but it was tricky writing it within the bounds of 9 marks. The question was also ambiguous for the AO2 because there wasn’t really anything to apply it to…
Original post by g_Beth_t
How did everyone find it? I thought it was decent, although I didn’t like the last question because my brain was so tired and I could think how to properly structure and what to say. I ended up talking about identification and internalisation and then rehearsal!

And the social and cultural issues was good because I had just revised it an hour before, but it was tricky writing it within the bounds of 9 marks. The question was also ambiguous for the AO2 because there wasn’t really anything to apply it to…

for the last question i talked about conformity/compliance/normative social influence but i had NO idea what to write for the second aspect :’) social and cultural issues was ok but i ran out of time b4 i could finish my evaluation

the rest of the paper was decent actually i think!! apart from that 10 mark long question on cognitive theory WHAT was that
Reply 24

I feel like I did alright! For the last question I wasn’t too sure what to say, but I figured that I wanted hit every assessment objective, and because I couldn’t think of specific names to reference whilst talking about conformity, identification, etc, etc. so I mentioned Daniel Willingham’s theories & practice and effort on physical development on skills, because a I didn’t know if choreography translated to rehearsal? But now I’m thinking of it I think maybe rehearsal could’ve been a good choice too. Hopefully that wasn’t a bad move.

im a perfectionist soooo i may be over exaggerating but i didnt find it that great... i finished the paper right on time so i didnt really get to check my answers. the 9 markers were easy enough ig compared to previous years
Reply 26
Paper two on Friday... I am feeling super unprepared and I feel like my practice papers are getting worse and my essays are definitely getting worse...

Does anyone have any advice for planning the essays, esp the 12 marker, but the others too? I feel like whenever I get to one I get so overwhelmed and my brain goes completely blank on how to structure it and what to say, esp for AO3, I can never remember anything that its for AO3 or how to fit like strengths/weaknesses/alternate ideas into the essay. I also really struggle coming up wit four points for the research method, I can only ever think of three, if that.
Thanks! :smile:
Paper two on Friday... I am feeling super unprepared and I feel like my practice papers are getting worse and my essays are definitely getting worse...

Does anyone have any advice for planning the essays, esp the 12 marker, but the others too? I feel like whenever I get to one I get so overwhelmed and my brain goes completely blank on how to structure it and what to say, esp for AO3, I can never remember anything that its for AO3 or how to fit like strengths/weaknesses/alternate ideas into the essay. I also really struggle coming up wit four points for the research method, I can only ever think of three, if that.
Thanks! :smile:

i’m making flashcards for each research method and finding 4 points for each of them, if you’re struggling i can send pics of them when i’m finished if u like!!

in terms of structure;
AO1 - give a point about the research method
AO2 - apply it to the q
AO3 - give a strength/weakness

and then just do this 4 times for each point

if u don’t already, GRAVE is helpful for evaluation (generalisability, reliability, validity, application, ethics) but i’d plan out my strengths/weaknesses on the flashcards beforehand bc i can never remember them in the exam either LMFAO

but yeah i’d just make a flashcard for each with 2 points that are strengths and 2 point that are weaknesses

though i’m not sure if you need both a strength AND weakness for each point? if so i’m doomed but hopefully not

u can def copy mine when i’ve finished tho :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by ofunsoundmind
i’m making flashcards for each research method and finding 4 points for each of them, if you’re struggling i can send pics of them when i’m finished if u like!!

in terms of structure;
AO1 - give a point about the research method
AO2 - apply it to the q
AO3 - give a strength/weakness

and then just do this 4 times for each point

if u don’t already, GRAVE is helpful for evaluation (generalisability, reliability, validity, application, ethics) but i’d plan out my strengths/weaknesses on the flashcards beforehand bc i can never remember them in the exam either LMFAO

but yeah i’d just make a flashcard for each with 2 points that are strengths and 2 point that are weaknesses

though i’m not sure if you need both a strength AND weakness for each point? if so i’m doomed but hopefully not

u can def copy mine when i’ve finished tho :smile:

That would be amazing, thank you!
That would be amazing, thank you!

3F69E349-D9A0-4E4A-BF48-C131F3306F5B.jpeglab experiments (sorry abt the state of this one)
B2EFB74D-13D2-47A7-B178-03E30A2D87ED.jpegfield experiments

D85C8F0D-9D52-4C30-9552-70E172C055D1.jpegnatural experiments

414AEFA8-861C-490C-8B12-002168FD969B.jpegcase studies

CFE1E72E-3195-44E6-BBCC-D525CD729099.jpegquestionnaires

AA642D52-DE22-42C5-BDA2-0C81CE1AFB00.jpegobservations

C8C9705A-FFCD-463E-AAFB-23B9977330E0.jpeginterviews

:smile:
Reply 30
Thank you so much :smile:
Thank you so much :smile:

no problem good luck in the exam !!
hi. im extremely nervous for psych tomorrow because of the 12 markers... could someone pls tell me what i did wrong for my mock? i ended up getting a 4/12 :/. my teachersdont rlly give to most constructive feedback so idk what to work on. i apologize for the messy handwriting
hey i fell asleep LMFAO but tysm you were so right it was social and cultural influences 😭😭 i did some extra revision on it after u told me so i think i actually did ok on it!! thank u sm fr

smh i didnt get the notif for ur msg. glad it helped! its ur turn to help me tho 🔫
(edited 11 months ago)
I think the only one that hasn't been done yet is social and cultural issues, so maybe that? Also, nature/nurture was in the SAM and a previous paper, so I don't know that they will repeat it. Whatever it is, I hope it goes well for you!

hey do u know what the 12 marker is likely to be about?? :smile:
Original post by j3ssica jon3s
hi. im extremely nervous for psych tomorrow because of the 12 markers... could someone pls tell me what i did wrong for my mock? i ended up getting a 4/12 :/. my teachersdont rlly give to most constructive feedback so idk what to work on. i apologize for the messy handwriting

currently in a psych lesson on a computer so i can't actually see it lol but remind me later and ill help!!
Reply 36
hey do u know what the 12 marker is likely to be about?? :smile:

I was thinking about this and I would maybe say Interviews. It’s the only one I’ve never seen a question for, although correlation I saw in a separate document I found online, not in any of the past papers I’ve done. It was an official Pearson doc and question though, so that’s why I’d lean toward interviews.
I was thinking about this and I would maybe say Interviews. It’s the only one I’ve never seen a question for, although correlation I saw in a separate document I found online, not in any of the past papers I’ve done. It was an official Pearson doc and question though, so that’s why I’d lean toward interviews.

if u still have the link for correlations, ccould u pls send it?
alsooo does anyone know what kinda qs can come from issues and debates in research methods?
Reply 39
AQA GCSE Psychology Exam where you at? I can't find anyone doing AQA!!! >>>> https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7355474

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending