The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Psychology Papers 1 & 2 - 19th & 26th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by g_Beth_t
Is it just me or are the Edexcel Psychology GCSE exams incredibly difficult to get through in the time limit? I've run out of time in two past papers and I'm really struggling with it. I think my main issue is the essays. I'm supper bad at essay planning and writing so I just go on for way to long. Does anyone have any advice for both essays and just getting through papers in time?

no omg me too and literally everyone in my class as well, im scared for paper 2 today because of the time we have to write two 9 markers and a 12 marker in an hour and 20 mins

but good luck for today x
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 43
Original post by j3ssica jon3s
alsooo does anyone know what kinda qs can come from issues and debates in research methods?

I wouldn't know, I have never seen any in past papers. My best guess would be maybe explain questions asking about ethical issues in one of the topics?

Sorry, that's not very helpful...
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 44
Original post by ofunsoundmind
hey do u know what the 12 marker is likely to be about?? :smile:

Another thing to note is that lab experiments was in the SAM, not an actual sat paper, so it could still be repeated (I know nature/nurture was repeated from it in paper one)
Reply 45
Original post by anonymous2682
no omg me too and literally everyone in my class as well, im scared for paper 2 today because of the time we have to write two 9 markers and a 12 marker in an hour and 20 mins

but good luck for today x

And to you too.
I have found that the most time efficient way (for me) is to go through the questions in order and then when I get to an essay, quickly plan it and then move on. That way my brain is clearer at the time of planning, and I can come back to it after and just start writing. It also means I won't spend too long on the essays leaving too little time to get the short answers. You could also plan them all immediately before actually starting the paper.
Reply 46
I just realised that field experiment hasn't been done yet either...

For some reason I thought I'd answered one on field experiments
(edited 11 months ago)
I just realised that field experiment hasn't been done yet either...

For some reason I thought I'd answered one on field experiments

i think it was in a sample paper cuz i vaguely remember doing it too...
How was it?

I go to school abroad, but since it is a GCSE, I have to sit it at the same time as you guys in the UK. So it is 8:50pm here!

I’m very happy with the content (our teacher says not to talk about questions till 24 hours after, so being vague), but I think there is too little time to finish the paper. I technically 'finished' all my answers, but I could definitely have written more if I had more time.
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by agirlandherbook
How was it?

I go to school abroad, but since it is a GCSE, I have to sit it at the same time as you guys in the UK. So it is 8:50pm here!

I’m very happy with the content (our teacher says not to talk about questions till 24 hours after, so being vague), but I think there is too little time to finish the paper. I could definitely have written more if I had more time.

couldnt agree more
sooo how did everyone find that??? imo that was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL paper that 12 marker on field experiments was just 😩😩

i did criminal psych & sleeping/dreaming tho so how did ppl who did other units find it??
sooo how did everyone find that??? imo that was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL paper that 12 marker on field experiments was just 😩😩

i did criminal psych & sleeping/dreaming tho so how did ppl who did other units find it??

i did the same topics and yea it was better than i expected
Could someone tell me where i could find paper 2

What were the 9 markers for those options as im trying to predict what will come up this year
I wouldn't know, I have never seen any in past papers. My best guess would be maybe explain questions asking about ethical issues in one of the topics?
Sorry, that's not very helpful...

what did it end up being im trying to predict what can come up this year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending