The Student Room Group

A Level English Literature NEA OCR

Hi,

We are starting to pick or texts (a prose and a play) for the task 2 NEA, and I am leaning towards the theme of young women struggling with the pressures of other people’s expectations of them. I am starting to read A thousand Splendid suns and looking for any other novels (post 2000) and I also need a play (1900's) that would be give me lots to talk about and a high grade :smile:. Let me know if you have any suggestions
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by 177445
Hi,

We are starting to pick or texts (a prose and a play) for the task 2 NEA, and I am leaning towards the theme of young women struggling with the pressures of other people’s expectations of them. I am starting to read A thousand Splendid suns and looking for any other novels (post 2000) and I also need a play (1900's) that would be give me lots to talk about and a high grade :smile:. Let me know if you have any suggestions

Maybe 'A Streetcar Named Desire' (1947) by Tennessee Williams? I'm doing it as an A-Level text (AQA) so if you're not studying it you could look into it. If you don't know, it's about a woman named Blanche who symbolises antebellum Old South and struggles to adapt to society in post-war America. I believe she's around 30, so maybe too old for your theme, but still deals with topics like sexuality and marriage.

hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest