The Student Room Group

ozymandias

can u give me some ao3s for ozymandias. any tips on how and where to use a03 in an essay.
yh pls i need help too
Original post by amelia.ramp
yh pls i need help too

is it only me. im gd at ao1 and a02 but i just cant seem to get the marks for a03. idk what im doing wrong.
Original post by BUENO_LOVER
can u give me some ao3s for ozymandias. any tips on how and where to use a03 in an essay.

AoS3 is Context, right? About the Context for Ozymandias
- Shelly was a 'Romantic' Poet
- 'Romantics' believed in emotion rather than reason, and the power of Time & Nature being omnipotent
- Shelly also disliked Monarchies, such as the one 'Ozymandias' ruled over, and fought against the oppression of people
- This links to Ozymandias, as he is expressing his hate for the Dictator and Ruler, by describing him as broken into small parts, (and here's key part) by Nature
- This is a link to Romantics and how they believed Nature was all powerful, and stronger than Humans; Nature lasted Longer than Ozymandias and his 'marvellous work', and in fact was his downfall, eroding away his kingdom, and also himself, by the power of Time, which many things must've happened since Ozymandias's interpreted time, showing that Nature & Time are the most powerful forces, rather than a dictatorship, linking back to Shelly and his Ideals.
Original post by aridoats
aos3 is context, right? About the context for ozymandias
- shelly was a 'romantic' poet
- 'romantics' believed in emotion rather than reason, and the power of time & nature being omnipotent
- shelly also disliked monarchies, such as the one 'ozymandias' ruled over, and fought against the oppression of people
- this links to ozymandias, as he is expressing his hate for the dictator and ruler, by describing him as broken into small parts, (and here's key part) by nature
- this is a link to romantics and how they believed nature was all powerful, and stronger than humans; nature lasted longer than ozymandias and his 'marvellous work', and in fact was his downfall, eroding away his kingdom, and also himself, by the power of time, which many things must've happened since ozymandias's interpreted time, showing that nature & time are the most powerful forces, rather than a dictatorship, linking back to shelly and his ideals.

woww this is amazing tysm=)
Reply 5
Original post by BUENO_LOVER
is it only me. im gd at ao1 and a02 but i just cant seem to get the marks for a03. idk what im doing wrong.

frr. i had my eng lit poetry exam today and thank god ozymandias wasnt the poem

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending