The Student Room Group

Student Finance Awaiting supporting evidence

Hello, please can anyone help me with this, so I have been filling in the sfe forms online and I have attached images of my parents 2021/22 pay income details for them to support my application. However, my dad has not received a confirmation email that his evidence has been uploaded (only my mum did) and on the actual student finance website, it’s still saying “awaiting details” from my parents, insisting that we have actions to complete. Please can someone help explain what’s going on here and how we can fix any issues asap thank you!!!
Original post by user_123_567
Hello, please can anyone help me with this, so I have been filling in the sfe forms online and I have attached images of my parents 2021/22 pay income details for them to support my application. However, my dad has not received a confirmation email that his evidence has been uploaded (only my mum did) and on the actual student finance website, it’s still saying “awaiting details” from my parents, insisting that we have actions to complete. Please can someone help explain what’s going on here and how we can fix any issues asap thank you!!!

Hi there, have your parents only uploaded evidence of their income or have they provided their financial figures via their online account or the PFF2 form?

Thanks, Karen
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, have your parents only uploaded evidence of their income or have they provided their financial figures via their online account or the PFF2 form?

Thanks, Karen

We only uploaded evidence of income. I took a screenshot of their emails of their 2021/22 P60 forms and attached and uploaded it (at least twice). The PFF2 form states that it must be hand signed at the very end, despite being able to fill in the rest on a computer or laptop, which suggests that it needs to be printed out and sent through post. We are more than able to do this but I was just sure if it was entirely necessary as the online method is constantly shown as being faster and more efficient, and I have not heard of anyone who had to send a post application. Also when we tried to provide financial figures on the actual gov.uk sfe website, it said that we could only input whole numbers, so no decimal values, which was confusing as it’s unlikely that anyone’s salary will be a perfectly whole number. Ironically the website also said that we couldn’t round up or down any imputed numbers too.

However, after looking at the sfe help support section, it stated that the awaiting details status may not update until the actual application itself has been approved, and we should not continue to send attachments and documents as this may slow down the process, despite the application stating “awaiting details.” Upon sending images of our income my parents both got the green pop up box that confirmed their information had been sent. Does this mean everything is okay, or should we fill in the other form?
Original post by user_123_567
We only uploaded evidence of income. I took a screenshot of their emails of their 2021/22 P60 forms and attached and uploaded it (at least twice). The PFF2 form states that it must be hand signed at the very end, despite being able to fill in the rest on a computer or laptop, which suggests that it needs to be printed out and sent through post. We are more than able to do this but I was just sure if it was entirely necessary as the online method is constantly shown as being faster and more efficient, and I have not heard of anyone who had to send a post application. Also when we tried to provide financial figures on the actual gov.uk sfe website, it said that we could only input whole numbers, so no decimal values, which was confusing as it’s unlikely that anyone’s salary will be a perfectly whole number. Ironically the website also said that we couldn’t round up or down any imputed numbers too.

However, after looking at the sfe help support section, it stated that the awaiting details status may not update until the actual application itself has been approved, and we should not continue to send attachments and documents as this may slow down the process, despite the application stating “awaiting details.” Upon sending images of our income my parents both got the green pop up box that confirmed their information had been sent. Does this mean everything is okay, or should we fill in the other form?

We don't accept evidence of your sponsors income in support of your application. Your parents would need to submit their financial figures via their online account or via the PFF2 form. The form doesn't need to be signed and can be uploaded onlie once completed for the team to review.

You can find the form to complete here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1137607/sfe_pff2_form_2324_o.pdf

You can find out how to upload this online once it has been completed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Teb-DaFfDRc

Once this information has been received and processed the team will update your application for the team to review.

Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending