The Student Room Group

Should I go dixons or Greenhead college

I've got an offer for both sixthforms but I'm not sure which one to go to, dixons is closer but Greenhead collage get better results and I liked the environment more. Greenhead college though takes 35min by train & a further 10 minute walk (by bus its 1 & half hours long). Can students from these sixthforms tell me their experiance of the school
I'm currently a year 2 student at dixons and I've had a great experience so far. There's lots of events, trips, extra curriculars for u to do.
In terms of my subjects I study History law and politics, they really do give a lot of support.
Idk about Greenhead but I've heard it's a also a great school, I would say dixons isn't as diverse as other schools with 75% of the school being South asians.

PROS
+ teachers give a lot of support
+ lots for you to get involved on
+ food is generally good well as good school food can get

CONS
- not a lot of diversity
- if you're a student who's not used to getting a lot hw then it could be difficult to cope. We usually get hw every lesson due for the next
- There are a LOT of students and most of time the canteen is crowded. This year we have a total of around 1300 students. Next year it will be around 1800 students
- EVERYONE IS LITERALLY UGLY NGL .... except for me 🤧

In terms of assessments....
We get 4 key assessments per academic year - one for each term and you would be off timetable the week of the exams.
You may also have weekly knowledge tests I have that for law

Hope this helps
MWAHH
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 2
Hi thanks this really helpful, also are there 1300 students across year 12 & 13 or just year 13? Also how many people do you have per class on average. Again tysm for the info its really helpful
Original post by 234532dsd32
Hi thanks this really helpful, also are there 1300 students across year 12 & 13 or just year 13? Also how many people do you have per class on average. Again tysm for the info its really helpful

1300 students in yr12 and 13 together. On average we have around 20 students per class but then again it may differ depending on ur chosen subject. Maths for example is really popular and there are 5 classes in yr13 filled with students whereas classics isn't as popular so there are 8 students in that class.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending