The Student Room Group

King Edwards Five Ways Sixth form

Hello everyone I have seen previous threads on this sixth form but I wanted a more recent thread of how the school is like for sixth form I went to the open evening and loved it but now I’m worried about admissions into the school as I really want to go there but I know it’s competitive, can someone please give any tips and help thank you so much in advance :smile:
Original post by Highachiever123
Hello everyone I have seen previous threads on this sixth form but I wanted a more recent thread of how the school is like for sixth form I went to the open evening and loved it but now I’m worried about admissions into the school as I really want to go there but I know it’s competitive, can someone please give any tips and help thank you so much in advance :smile:

Hey, I have also applied to fiveways and attended the open evening. From people i know who went there, yes it is a competitive sixth form to get into and mainly students with the highest grades get accepted. Fiveways only accept a few external students . Biggest tip is to aim for the highest grades at gcse to have a higher chance of getting accepted.
Hey, thank you very much for your response. I also attended the sixth form open evening and I was quite impressed with the sixth form in general. I’ll make sure to take your advice on trying to achieve the best grades possible as I know that that is probably the best chance I have of getting into Five ways. Thank you for your advice and also if you don’t mind me asking the people that went to Five ways that you spoke about, how did they say Five ways was in general?
Hey, thank you very much for your response. I also attended the sixth form open evening and I was quite impressed with the sixth form in general. I’ll make sure to take your advice on trying to achieve the best grades possible as I know that that is probably the best chance I have of getting into Five ways. Thank you for your advice and also if you don’t mind me asking the people that went to Five ways that you spoke about, how did they say Five ways was in general?

You’re welcome. The students at fiveways said it is a very good sixth form with high quality teaching. When i attended the sixth form i was impressed too and i knew that it was very competitive sixth form as there were loads of people there. I asked students in certain departments e.g biology what grade they got at gcse and they said 8/9. Is fiveways your first choice? and what subjects are picking ?
Original post by okdbtjemen
You’re welcome. The students at fiveways said it is a very good sixth form with high quality teaching. When i attended the sixth form i was impressed too and i knew that it was very competitive sixth form as there were loads of people there. I asked students in certain departments e.g biology what grade they got at gcse and they said 8/9. Is fiveways your first choice? and what subjects are picking ?

I had a similar consensus from the open evening as well and yes Five Ways is my first choice, and I'm hoping to do all the sciences or maybe Biology Chemistry and Maths alongside French instead of an EPQ because i think they did say you could do that but I'm not entirely sure, what about you? is Five ways your first choice and if it is what subjects are you thinking of picking?
I had a similar consensus from the open evening as well and yes Five Ways is my first choice, and I'm hoping to do all the sciences or maybe Biology Chemistry and Maths alongside French instead of an EPQ because i think they did say you could do that but I'm not entirely sure, what about you? is Five ways your first choice and if it is what subjects are you thinking of picking?

Yes fiveways is also my first choice. I’m thinking of picking maths, chemistry and economics along with the EPQ. What other sixth forms have you got in mind?
Original post by okdbtjemen
Yes fiveways is also my first choice. I’m thinking of picking maths, chemistry and economics along with the EPQ. What other sixth forms have you got in mind?

That's a great combo I'm still contemplating between maths and physics so maybe we might be in the same maths class lol I know I'm being a bit delusional but it's good to manifest good things for the future. I think for other sixth forms I was thinking QMGS ( I've already got an offer with them ) and then maybe King Edward VI Camphill and maybe Sandwell Academy and I think that's it, how about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending