The Student Room Group

Woodhouse late applicants 2023

Hi , just applied to woodhouse with pretty good grades (1 nine , 4 eights , 3 sixes , (a 5 and 2 in irrelevant subjects)) to study history philosophy and psychology what are my chances? also has anyone else also applied late?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by username14526
Hi , just applied to woodhouse with pretty good grades (1 nine , 4 eights , 3 sixes , (a 5 and 2 in irrelevant subjects)) to study history philosophy and psychology what are my chances? also has anyone else also applied late?

hi, I currently go to Woodhouse and I got in off the waitlist last year.

because you got an average of around 7.4 from your top 8 subjects and you have applied for fairly non-competitive courses, I'm sure you have a good chance of getting in. What did you get those grades in? because it mostly depends on what grades each course expects in individual subjects.

I do maths chem and bio and the minimum entry requirements i needed were:
a 7 in maths (I got a 9)
a 6 in English lang (I got a 6 originally then remarked to a 7)
and 766 in triple science (i got 988)

it also depends on how far you live too

hope this helped and good luck

(also ignore my username idk how to change it and I made it for a laugh)
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by uwuqueen
hi, I currently go to Woodhouse and I got in off the waitlist last year.

because you got an average of around 7.4 from your top 8 subjects and you have applied for fairly non-competitive courses, I'm sure you have a good chance of getting in. What did you get those grades in? because it mostly depends on what grades each course expects in individual subjects.

I do maths chem and bio and the minimum entry requirements i needed were:
a 7 in maths (I got a 9)
a 6 in English lang (I got a 6 originally then remarked to a 7)
and 766 in triple science (i got 988)

it also depends on how far you live too

hope this helped and good luck

(also ignore my username idk how to change it and I made it for a laugh)

I got my 9 in english language and my 8s in religious studies , history , biology and english literature so I meet the requirements for those subjects. I live sort of far away but my journey length is within the times they would accept. thank you so much for the info!
Reply 3
I got my 9 in english language and my 8s in religious studies , history , biology and english literature so I meet the requirements for those subjects. I live sort of far away but my journey length is within the times they would accept. thank you so much for the info!

ah ok that's good news, by now you should have received an acceptance so hopefully you got in
Reply 4
Original post by uwuqueen
ah ok that's good news, by now you should have received an acceptance so hopefully you got in

They haven’t sent anything yet could it be because todays a bank holiday or that it’s too soon for anything to be sent? or have i been rejected?
Reply 5
They haven’t sent anything yet could it be because todays a bank holiday or that it’s too soon for anything to be sent? or have i been rejected?

i got an offer and i havent even been accepted yet
Reply 6
Original post by etipping18
i got an offer and i havent even been accepted yet

do you mean you had applied before and got a conditional offer and haven’t been accepted?

I also haven’t heard anything back yet, apparently they respond on the 30th!!
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by annoymous72

Thank you so much! i i was so nervous
Reply 9
Thank you so much! i i was so nervous

Hii, have you heard anything back from Woodhouse yet?
Original post by ruth_221x
Hii, have you heard anything back from Woodhouse yet?

Not yet , I think they’re going to send offers on the 31st after 12pm because that’s when the deadline for late admissions ends, good luck to you I hope you get a place!
Reply 11
Not yet , I think they’re going to send offers on the 31st after 12pm because that’s when the deadline for late admissions ends, good luck to you I hope you get a place!

Okay that makes sense, thank you so much and good luck to you too and I also hope you get a place :smile: !!
Reply 12

Hii, have you heard anything back yet? I haven’t.
Original post by ruth_221x
Hii, have you heard anything back yet? I haven’t.

hey! i haven’t either 😭 maybe it’s tomorrow? also ik this is kinda irrelevant but have you done the enrolment assignments for your subject of choice? i have started but haven’t finished yet 😭😭
Reply 14
hey! i haven’t either 😭 maybe it’s tomorrow? also ik this is kinda irrelevant but have you done the enrolment assignments for your subject of choice? i have started but haven’t finished yet 😭😭

yeahh it probably is tomorrow 😭😭. and no i haven’t done them bc idk if im going to get an offer or rejected (i rlly hope i get an offer). if i do get one i’ll let my teachers know why i wasn’t able to complete the work and i’ll just do it over the weekend for monday. what did you apply to study?

I haven’t done any of them either , they probably won’t check them on induction day so i’ll probably do them the weekend after induction.
also what grades did you guys get if you don’t mind sharing
I haven’t done any of them either , they probably won’t check them on induction day so i’ll probably do them the weekend after induction.

phewww! i was nervous because i haven’t done much 😭 what subjects do you wanna take?
I’m on the waitlist and got all 7-9 grades two 9s six 8s and two 7s and they said they aim to reply by the 30th but I’ve heard nothing should I just forget it ?
phewww! i was nervous because i haven’t done much 😭 what subjects do you wanna take?

I want to take history , psychology and philosophy. What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending