The Student Room Group

UCAS - 5th option

I applied to 4 medical schools this year but got rejected for them all. I will be taking a gap year next year. I also have a Biomed offer from queen mary and I want to firm this as a plan Z in case everything goes wrong and there are no other options left. But if I firm this offer right now can I reject it on results day and just reapply to medicine for 2024 entry? Or will I be forced to go to queen mary?

Thank you
Reply 1
Yes you can reject it on results day, just be very careful with accom contracts etc as some places get you to sign stuff before results day and under the fine print say if you turn down your offer you could still be liable for the fees! Many will excuse you if you don’t meet the grades but if you just decline they can still charge you which obviously is a nightmare
Reply 2
Original post by ALEreapp
Yes you can reject it on results day, just be very careful with accom contracts etc as some places get you to sign stuff before results day and under the fine print say if you turn down your offer you could still be liable for the fees! Many will excuse you if you don’t meet the grades but if you just decline they can still charge you which obviously is a nightmare

Are these fees only if you apply to accom? I’m not planning on doing so, so there won’t be a problem with me declining the offer on results day right?
Reply 3
hey lol this is random but did you submit a separate PS? Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by hetvip78
hey lol this is random but did you submit a separate PS? Thanks

No, when I applied last year I got an offer from QM within a few days so ig they have a lot of spaces :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending