The Student Room Group

Personal statements

I heard that personal statements will be changing. I wanted to know for what Yr. I also want to know what it will be like for those who are doing medicine. I mean since we have to apply to 4 medicine and 1 non medicine, will the questions be different for the 5th option. So let's say the 4 unis will say why do u want to do medicine? Will the 5th one rephrase the question and say why do you want to do e.g pharmacy? Or will they make the question more general for all 5 options like why do u want to do this course?
(edited 2 months ago)
You should be able to find out more information from UCAS, however my understanding is everyone gets the same questions regardless of which course they apply to, and need to answer with regard to the course(s) applied to. It's essentially the same as it is now, just they break it down into a much more structured set of mini-statements (but covering more or less all the material you'd write in a PS as they currently exist, except even less flexibility in how you write it and structure it).

Which in the case of medicine means you still need to answer them with respect to medicine and your fifth choice still needs to be a course which will be happy to receive a medicine personal statement. Not much change there for the last 10 years or so as far as I can tell unless UCAS does something to drastically change it.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
You should be able to find out more information from UCAS, however my understanding is everyone gets the same questions regardless of which course they apply to, and need to answer with regard to the course(s) applied to. It's essentially the same as it is now, just they break it down into a much more structured set of mini-statements (but covering more or less all the material you'd write in a PS as they currently exist, except even less flexibility in how you write it and structure it).

Which in the case of medicine means you still need to answer them with respect to medicine and your fifth choice still needs to be a course which will be happy to receive a medicine personal statement. Not much change there for the last 10 years or so as far as I can tell unless UCAS does something to drastically change it.

Thank you and do u know when this will be put in place
Original post by Animal lover :))
I heard that personal statements will be changing. I wanted to know for what Yr. I also want to know what it will be like for those who are doing medicine. I mean since we have to apply to 4 medicine and 1 non medicine, will the questions be different for the 5th option. So let's say the 4 unis will say why do u want to do medicine? Will the 5th one rephrase the question and say why do you want to do e.g pharmacy? Or will they make the question more general for all 5 options like why do u want to do this course?

goodluck!!
Reply 4
Original post by animalcrossing77
goodluck!!

Thank youuu!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending