The Student Room Group

Year 10 Work Experience Ideas

Hi I'm in Y10 this year and I have to find a work experience placement for a couple of days. I might want to work at GCHQ when I'm older or maybe in science or maths? I don't know if this is relevant at all but I'm very proficient in French so I could probably be a translator
Any ideas?
Hi, I've moved your thread to a more appropriate place in the forums. Have a great day!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I'm in Y10 this year and I have to find a work experience placement for a couple of days. I might want to work at GCHQ when I'm older or maybe in science or maths? I don't know if this is relevant at all but I'm very proficient in French so I could probably be a translator
Any ideas?

It's great that you have ideas about what you would like to do in the future. Ideally, you will be able to find a placement that interests you (but try not to have too specific a request, such as only wanting a placement in one company) but any work experience is useful. It will give you a chance to interact with people you might not normally meet and you will be expected to behave in a manner the employer considers suitable - arrive on time, be interested, ask if you don't understand something - which might be easy (or less easy) to do depending on your personality. But it is all great experience for the future! Your skills in French could be useful for some places, especially companies which export products; ask a languages teacher if they have any thoughts. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending