The Student Room Group

gsce stress :(

13 days left until my first exam on 16th may and im stressing some much, i keep crying and feeling like i havent done enough revision
i've tried to revise but feeling like its not the effective or the correct methods to revise
and been told its too late to revise
i also keep panicking, my heart keeps beating fast and feeling worried
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by hurtinguser
13 days left until my first exam on 16th may and im stressing some much, i keep crying and feeling like i havent done enough revision
i've tried to revise but feeling like its not the effective or the correct methods to revise

Don't worry and put to much pressure on yourself. I'm sure you'll do fantastic! And if not it's not the end of the world even if it does seem so to you.
Reply 2
Original post by Obsidian♡Hart
Don't worry and put to much pressure on yourself. I'm sure you'll do fantastic! And if not it's not the end of the world even if it does seem so to you.

but what if my family is disappointed with me?
and i want to successed in life
Reply 3

you still have plenty of time to make a difference in your grades - stop wasting time stressing, you'll be fine. GCSEs are exaggerated in terms of importance - there's nobody you'll ask who is successful in life and say that it was all down to their GCSE grades!!!
Reply 4
what exam is it
Reply 5
Original post by skippy_69
what exam is it

english, maths and science
in the uk we have these exams at the end of year 11, the results determine whether we are going to college/uni/sixth form after secondary school
Reply 6
english, maths and science
in the uk we have these exams at the end of year 11, the results determine whether we are going to college/uni/sixth form after secondary school

I am a year 11 in the UK too with my first exam already completed yesterday (biology 0970 theory paper) which is your first exam which you mentioned was on the 16th?
Reply 7
I am a year 11 in the UK too with my first exam already completed yesterday (biology 0970 theory paper) which is your first exam which you mentioned was on the 16th?

sorry abt that also yes
Reply 8
sorry abt that also yes

no, I mean, what is the subject name of your first exam
Reply 9
no, I mean, what is the subject name of your first exam

Combined Science A (gateway) - Fnd (Comb Sci A: Paper 1 (fnd) Wrtn)

You'll be fine!
Gcses seem like a big thing at the time, and I got super stressed, but looking back it was ridiculous. They don't count for much.

Hi, it's completely fine to start stressing and worrying at the this time, so don't doubt yourself based on that! All your hard work and effort throughout the year will be worth it, trust me. Try talking to your friends or parents, I'm sure they will understand how stressed you might be. Try to pull yourself for the next couple of weeks but don't be too hard on yourself, take breaks, leave at least half an hour to focus on yourself and do what you enjoy, whether it's videogames, reading or doing sports. Reward yourself too, maybe with your favourite snack or doing a hobby, after a revision session.
At this time, focus on doing past papers and seeing what topics you are weak in and need work on - I recommend MME revise and Physics + Maths tutor, as they have great past papers and revision notes too. Maths Genie is also good for maths prep.
Don't be too hard on yourself, you got this! Good luck with your exams!

Hii, i’m an a level student and please don’t stress! It’s definitely not too late to revise- if you start now and do a little bit (maybe like 2 hours) everyday I’m sure you will be fine!! GCSEs don’t determine your success in life they are purely a stepping stone to sixth form/college or whatever you want to do next. Unless you are planning to apply to oxbridge in the future your main goal with GCSEs is to just get the grades you need for your next step. I didn’t spend a lot of time revising for mine (I probably started a week before and did like half an hour a day, but you should probably do more than I did lol) and even now when I look back at the time I wish I stressed less about it. I still came out with mostly 7s and above and now I’m applying to university I don’t even think about my GCSEs or what grades I got anymore. Please enjoy your year 11 summer, get some revision done while you’ve still got time and DONT STRESS!!
Reply 13

Heya!
It's natural to feel stressed and anxious in the run-up to exams, but try not to let those feelings consume you. It is never too late to revise, even if only for a few minutes each day. Rather than focusing on how much revision you've done so far, try to concentrate on what you can do going forward to prepare for your exams :h:

Make sure you have done enough practice and are comfortable with the question format. If it helps, Study Mind has free resources you can use. I would recommend putting yourself under 'exam conditions' and then marking yourself to see how well you did :h: That will help you see how well you are doing and also get you used to the exam itself.

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Reply 14
Combined Science A (gateway) - Fnd (Comb Sci A: Paper 1 (fnd) Wrtn)

Thanks for the reply; from personal experience, past papers are the catch-all solution to confidence issues related to GCSEs. When you have time, past papers. Answer as many past papers as you can; when you're unsure (which is perfectly normal and beneficial), that's when you look at the mark scheme.
I've looked up your exam board and gone to my favourite website for past papers, it's easy to navigate and understand; here's a direct link: https://www.fastpastpapers.com/GCSE_OCR_Combined_Science_A_-_Gateway_exam_papers.html as you're doing the foundation tier, only select papers with the F symbol next to the number.
best of luck.

Quick Reply

Latest