The Student Room Group

School hasn't finished GSCE courswork

What if School doesn't finish GSCE coursework by year 11? I am worried due to my class being behind in multiple subjects meaning I will have to stress out in reteaching the topics. Has this ever happened to anybody else, and if so, what were your experiences with it?
Reply 1
Original post by joelvivian
What if School doesn't finish GSCE coursework by year 11? I am worried due to my class being behind in multiple subjects meaning I will have to stress out in reteaching the topics. Has this ever happened to anybody else, and if so, what were your experiences with it?

Don't worry, it is a school's job to finish the specification content before your GCSEs. They would most likely be taken to court or sued by the Goverment if they did not fulfill this purpose. You'll be ok. :heart:
However, in the unlikely occasion that you don't finish, you can search up topics that you haven't covered online.

All triple science students were behind on an entire topic due to covid, it wasn't ideal but we all came in for an extra day (bank holiday/insect day) to learn it all in one go. It wasn't ideal, but they gave us cake!

If something similar happens, the school will figure it out, so don't worry. They won't let you fail or fall behind, it looks bad on your individual teachers and the school as a whole, just focus on revising what you have learnt. Even if it takes you up to your first exam, you will cover everything.
Reply 3
Original post by fr3ts
Don't worry, it is a school's job to finish the specification content before your GCSEs. They would most likely be taken to court or sued by the Goverment if they did not fulfill this purpose. You'll be ok. :heart:
However, in the unlikely occasion that you don't finish, you can search up topics that you haven't covered online.

Thank you all. The only problem is the disadvantaged position I am currently set in. The teacher does realise and I don't blame him at all since he was very sick through the majority of last year and I do respect him, but he is teaching us the topics too fast at the moment and I don't think we will have many review/revision sessions for the subject before GSCE's. I clearly don't want to be finishing my last topic a week before my GSCE's :colonhash:
Reply 4
That does seem really unideal, but what I would do is start reviewing as early as possible. Over the weekends, for your mocks, so you don't cram before the Science exam. That means that you only have to revise the latest topic before the exam.

Heya!
The school should cover all the material but there is also plenty of material online that you can use to go over certain topics :h: If you are doing any science GCSEs, Study Mind can help you out with tons of free psst papers and revision notes!

I hope this helps!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest