The Student Room Group

Student Finance Taking Too Long

Hi, I am an undergrad student in my first year, having joined uni late October after changing my mind in taking a gap year, therefore only applying to SFE at this time. It's now been 7 months and I've been going back and forth with SFE, sometimes calling twice a day to try and get the issues sorted. Every time they ask for one thing, I send it, they don't respond/get into contact unless I call them, then they ask for something else. At the same time, my college keeps pestering me on paying my tuition fees when I'm trying my best to sort it out but SFE is taking too long.

Just to note, that my application has been approved but they still keep asking me for things. At the moment, I'm currently in a situation where they have put my marital status as 'married', even though I put it as 'single'. They have now said that I need to send a cover letter stating that they have made a mistake and that they need to change it to 'single' and that it would take them 9 working days to do it. I am now at a position where my academic year ends next month (June) and my college said that if it doesn't get sorted, I'd need to pay the tuition fees out of my own pocket, which I do not have.

Anyone know how I could get this sorted as I've already got into about 30 calls with SFE and still no progress.
(edited 12 months ago)
Original post by unknxwnx
Hi, I am an undergrad student in my first year, having joined uni late October after changing my mind in taking a gap year, therefore only applying to SFE at this time. It's now been 7 months and I've been going back and forth with SFE, sometimes calling twice a day to try and get the issues sorted. Every time they ask for one thing, I send it, they don't respond/get into contact unless I call them, then they ask for something else. At the same time, my college keeps pestering me on paying my tuition fees when I'm trying my best to sort it out but SFE is taking too long.

Just to note, that my application has been approved but they still keep asking me for things. At the moment, I'm currently in a situation where they have put my marital status as 'married', even though I put it as 'single'. They have now said that I need to send a cover letter stating that they have made a mistake and that they need to change it to 'single' and that it would take them 9 working days to do it. I am now at a position where my academic year ends next month (June) and my college said that if it doesn't get sorted, I'd need to pay the tuition fees out of my own pocket, which I do not have.

Anyone know how I could get this sorted as I've already got into about 30 calls with SFE and still no progress.

Hi there,

if your application is approved then we shouldn't be asking you for anything else unless you're changing from EU to home student? We don't have account access over social media so you would need to contact us so we can check this for you. You can use the live chat option online in your account or call us on 0300 100 0607.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending