The Student Room Group

what should i do for alevels ?

im an international student and my college is using the old alevel system (where they combined both AS and A2), i’ve really slacked of for AS due but i’ve been putting more effort for A2 and i think i’m quite confident i can do good. i’ve always was interested to go into top uni’s. I heard they only need your A2 results to get into it. So should i retake my AS or is it possible to ask my school to get a separate result just for my A2 ??
Reply 1
Original post by helpme07
im an international student and my college is using the old alevel system (where they combined both AS and A2), i’ve really slacked of for AS due but i’ve been putting more effort for A2 and i think i’m quite confident i can do good. i’ve always was interested to go into top uni’s. I heard they only need your A2 results to get into it. So should i retake my AS or is it possible to ask my school to get a separate result just for my A2 ??

Yes, it would probably be fine to just go with your A2 levels, all universities I know of only really consider A-levels unless you take another subject as an AS-level: as you took AS and A2 for your subjects, they'd just consider the highest and hardest exam, the A2 to get a judge of you and give you an offer. Obviously that depends on how accommodating your school is, but I doubt it would be any problem.

I hope that helps! Best of luck with wherever you go :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by {Moss}
Yes, it would probably be fine to just go with your A2 levels, all universities I know of only really consider A-levels unless you take another subject as an AS-level: as you took AS and A2 for your subjects, they'd just consider the highest and hardest exam, the A2 to get a judge of you and give you an offer. Obviously that depends on how accommodating your school is, but I doubt it would be any problem.

I hope that helps! Best of luck with wherever you go :biggrin:

thank you for responding:smile: if you don’t mind answering , i’m curious about the end results, my school gives out the certificate with combined grades, how do i ask them for just my A2 results ?
Reply 3
Original post by helpme07
thank you for responding:smile: if you don’t mind answering , i’m curious about the end results, my school gives out the certificate with combined grades, how do i ask them for just my A2 results ?

Well I'm not sure if it's possible with the certificate, but you may be able to get a 'Certified' online document that you can use with just some of them. In the end, as they're all the same subjects, even if they are on the same certificate most unis/employers and such are just going to look at the A2, as you did them in the same place and in the same years, and they're the highest level you can go to - so it's possible you can get an edited online version, but in the end most won't care anyway because of the rankings (e.g. if you did an AS level physics but not A2, they'd look at the AS, but as you did AS and A2 they're just going to look at the A2). Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by {Moss}
Well I'm not sure if it's possible with the certificate, but you may be able to get a 'Certified' online document that you can use with just some of them. In the end, as they're all the same subjects, even if they are on the same certificate most unis/employers and such are just going to look at the A2, as you did them in the same place and in the same years, and they're the highest level you can go to - so it's possible you can get an edited online version, but in the end most won't care anyway because of the rankings (e.g. if you did an AS level physics but not A2, they'd look at the AS, but as you did AS and A2 they're just going to look at the A2). Hope that helps :smile:

okay i get it now ! thank you so much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest