The Student Room Group

Official Dentistry 2024 Entry Applicants’ Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi, can anybody advise how Manchester treats SJT for dentistry?
I have 2840 but band 3.
I know they don't prioritise band 3.
Would they score me down over somebody with a lower UCAT score but higher SJT or is it for prioritising within same decile?
Reply 41
Also, any guesses whether UCAT cutoff for Bristol would be higher or lower than last year? For dentistry, it was 2750 for 2022 but 2850 for 2023.
My fourth (and last time hopefully) applying!!
Reply 43
Original post by applesandalevels

Wishing you luck, what’s happened in the past?
Original post by Bee rose
Wishing you luck, what’s happened in the past?

Thanks and you too!
1st time was when I was 18 but I got a C in chemistry so missed the grade
2nd time was 3rd year of uni...my course lead didn't give me a predicted grade so I got rejected from 3/4 unis I applied to so mentally draining/frustrating and rejected from my own uni post interview which shocked all my teachers they said to reapply and I was going througha lot so only applied to that uni
3rd time uni didn't send me the entrance exam to my UCAS associated email they sent it to my uni email (I had graduated so had no access to it and didn't even put it down) so I got rejected for not doing the exam...so been messed up twice now
4th time is right now lol
Thanks and you too!
2nd time was 3rd year of uni...my course lead didn't give me a predicted grade so I got rejected from 3/4 unis I applied to so mentally draining/frustrating and rejected from my own uni post interview which shocked all my teachers they said to reapply and I was going througha lot so only applied to that uni
3rd time uni didn't send me the entrance exam to my UCAS associated email they sent it to my uni email (I had graduated so had no access to it and didn't even put it down) so I got rejected for not doing the exam...so been messed up twice now

Hi! I am in the similar line and this will be my 6th time as a graduate with a phd!:redface:
Reply 46
Thanks and you too!

What a journey you have been on! I have faith this time round :smile:
Reply 47
Is anyone here applying to dentistry as a mature student with a access course?

I’m sitting the UCAT at the end of September but still unsure on where to apply really.
I am really confused on where I should apply this year due to my UCAT score. Can any of you give me some advice?
Stats:
GCSE:9988888888
A level predicted: A*A*A
UCAT: 2420, Band 1
Original post by Ionomer
Welcome to the Dentistry 2024 Entry discussion thread!

Useful links:

The “Which dental school should I apply to?” Thread: The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread - The Student Room

TSR Dentistry Wiki: Dentistry - The Student Room

Dentistry Undergraduate Entry Requirements: Dentistry Entry Requirements | The Student Room

Dentistry Graduate Entry Requirements: Graduate entry requirements for dentistry | The Student Room

Pre-dentistry/ Gateway Entry Requirements: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...dental-courses

General TSR Rules:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!

Hey :hi:

Thank you so much for setting this up.
I've stuck this thread, and given it a pink title (pink is the colour for 2024 apparently!) and I've also given pink titles to all the other 2024 threads in the dentistry forum. :smile:

Is there a list of these anywhere?
If not, I can get one together in the coming days. :yep:

If there's anything needed in Dentistry, feel free to tag me :cube:

MR
Original post by 04MR17
Hey :hi:

Thank you so much for setting this up.
I've stuck this thread, and given it a pink title (pink is the colour for 2024 apparently!) and I've also given pink titles to all the other 2024 threads in the dentistry forum. :smile:

Is there a list of these anywhere?
If not, I can get one together in the coming days. :yep:

If there's anything needed in Dentistry, feel free to tag me :cube:

MR

Pink is such an excellent colour, I'm glad that 2024 entry is pink!!!
Reply 51
I have 2690 B1, A*AA predicted (might be able to up this to A*A*A when i go back next week), 999888888777, NVQ level 2 in pharmacy services (equivalent of 5 GCSE's at A-C) should I apply or is my UCAT too weak?
Hi I got 9999998776 Predicted AAA and 2830 B2, where should I apply?
I checked this morning that UCLan are also using the verification of prior learning as well as UCAT for the entrance exam, I'm wondering since this is the first time UCLan are using UCAT what do we think the cut off will be and how will they use it? Will they use it with the VPL or something else?
Reply 54
Thanks and you too!

Good luck!!
Reply 55
Original post by anon-.-
hey guys !! im going to be a dental student this year, if anyone has any questions let me know! I secured 4/4 offers and a 5th one being dht (which is more competitive than dentistry) if u need any advice lmk or msg me on my instagram @flossingwithflora which I'll eventually start posting tips and tricks as I get closer to sept, good luck !! <33

Hey i was wondeing if u could help me decide where to apply for dentistry
my stats are 2780 b1
a* a* a* predicted
i was thinking liverpool plymouth birmingham kings or qmul but i cant narrow down which ones
Reply 56
Does anybody know if KCL will differentiate between GCSE grade 8 and 9 this year
I'm also thinking of applying for the 3rd time this year but the thought of going ucat again is killing me lol. Have you done your ucat? Where are you thinking of applying? Also good luck!
Original post by cakePOP1122
I'm also thinking of applying for the 3rd time this year but the thought of going ucat again is killing me lol. Have you done your ucat? Where are you thinking of applying? Also good luck!

welp welcome to the club🤣 no mines coming up tho have you?? and thanks hunny i’m sure this will be wer last time!

im hoping to apply to aberdeen uclan leeds and kings but it’s rlly depending on what my ucat score comes out as and also i’m prior using grad entry over ug course but let’s see hbu???
welp welcome to the club🤣 no mines coming up tho have you?? and thanks hunny i’m sure this will be wer last time!

im hoping to apply to aberdeen uclan leeds and kings but it’s rlly depending on what my ucat score comes out as and also i’m prior using grad entry over ug course but let’s see hbu???

I haven't even booked mine cause I only just decided today that I should reapply 😂 super last minute but I'm hating my current job and thought the only career I will actually enjoy is dentistry.

Last year I got an interview at Aberdeen and was on the waiting list up until August when they told me they wouldn't be accepting any more students 😭 I was thinking of doing pharmacy as a backup cause I'm not sure how my ucat will go considering the only available test day is the 19th 💀

I think my biggest regret was doing Biomed to start with lol

Quick Reply

Latest