The Student Room Group

Pharmacy

I want to study pharmacy as a degree I wanted to know I do love maths and don't mind chem but I'm not to keen on biology mainly because of how in a levels I had to memorise sooooo much is it a subject I should consider I like the idea of prescribing medication and knowing what they do and how they treat illnesses and serving customers etc. So is pharmacy a good option for me?
Original post by Rohan007best
I want to study pharmacy as a degree I wanted to know I do love maths and don't mind chem but I'm not to keen on biology mainly because of how in a levels I had to memorise sooooo much is it a subject I should consider I like the idea of prescribing medication and knowing what they do and how they treat illnesses and serving customers etc. So is pharmacy a good option for me?

Pharmacist are not only experts of sciences and drug, but they are also at the frontier of health care system. In pharmacy, the aspect of patient care, communication, and expert knowledge about drugs are very important on daily basis because sometime it could lead to a life/death kind of situation. Maths is important during the pharmacy course, so it is great that you like maths. However, pharmacy is a subject which require A LOT of memorisation, and it is also a subject that really focuses on both biology and chemistry. I personally didn't take biology (physics/chemistry) but if you don't like biology a lot, I believe you will struggle in the future during the Mpharm course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending