The Student Room Group

Boyfriend lied about std test

I've been with my boyfriend for 7 months. It has been my first sexual relationship. Before we became serious he told me he had been tested before our relationship. Either he lied about the test or has cheated, but recently he has been diagnosed with an std. Although I have now been tested I am terrified regarding the consequences. I'm noticing symptoms that I'd written off as starting birth control and feel naive for taking him at his word. I do still love him but right now I feel so betrayed and I don't know if I can trust him. Honestly I wanted to get all this out of my system.
Reply 1
Or he got tested too soon to show an infection, or it was a false negative? What has he done that you jump straight to not trusting him?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
He may have been tested before your relationship but that test would only tell him about his status at that time.

He may have lied or he may be not have had the best sex ed.

I think you both need to get better sex ed as condoms would reduce risk of STDs.
Reply 3
Tbh I disagree with both comments above. If he did have an std test at the start of your relationship and he did have something it would test positive, whether symptoms were showing or not.

So yes, either he lied at the beginning of the relationship about having a test or unfortunately he hasn’t been faithful to you. However, there is a very slim chance that you could have had an std without knowing - because oral sex and other forms of sex can still transmit std’s (very rarely but on occasion), so it depends what you define as your first sexual relationship.

It sounds like a communication problem here. You do just need to talk to him and get to the bottom of it. Otherwise if there’s no communication and the trust has been broken, then that’s the end of the relationship really.
Reply 4
Ask him what’s going on. Maybe there’s and explanation, maybe he lied in which case you can weigh up what you want to do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending