The Student Room Group

Will sixth form keep my STD appointment confidential

Hi all,
I am going to get tested for an STD soon, I need to put in a request for permission to leave school to get a test.
For that reason I will get permission obviously from the school, but if I tell my head of year to keep this confidential, will they?
I dont want my parents to know as I am from a conservative asian family and things will go extremely south for me.
I am 18 btw
Will teachers keep things like this confidential or are they required to tell parents, even if I provide proof?
Reply 1
They should keep it confidential but check with your school if they are sharing it with your parents.
Can‘t you get a doctors note stating that your visit was required due to X, Y and Z symptoms, not explicitly stating that it has to do with STDs?
Reply 2
How would I check with them? Do I just straight up ask them and what if they say yes we are going to, then what do I do?
I am going to a Sexual Health clinic so it is unlikely that I would be able to get a doctors note for symptoms without mentioning genitals and sexual parts etc.- as proof I could give them an appointment card
My school requires an email from a parent to confirm it, or proof but I dont obviously want that
Reply 3
Original post by minxlee
They should keep it confidential but check with your school if they are sharing it with your parents.
Can‘t you get a doctors note stating that your visit was required due to X, Y and Z symptoms, not explicitly stating that it has to do with STDs?

also thank you for your response :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by ebaywarrior
Hi all,
I am going to get tested for an STD soon, I need to put in a request for permission to leave school to get a test.
For that reason I will get permission obviously from the school, but if I tell my head of year to keep this confidential, will they?
I dont want my parents to know as I am from a conservative asian family and things will go extremely south for me.
I am 18 btw
Will teachers keep things like this confidential or are they required to tell parents, even if I provide proof?

Hi , you school doesn't need to know what the appointment is for you can simply say doctor's appointment, you are not required to say why so just tell them doctors appointment that's all I don't say anything else. Alao I don't know about your school but my school uses an app called parent mail and if you don't you parents login to that if they have one you need to so you can add it there because its easier than speaking to your school and having to give more infor.

Quick Reply

Latest