The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Parking Permits

I was wondering if anyone knows how the parking permits situation works at york? I read something about having to meet specific criterias to apply for a permit so does anyone know if theres nearby areas you could park a car at
Original post by ali_malik
I was wondering if anyone knows how the parking permits situation works at york? I read something about having to meet specific criterias to apply for a permit so does anyone know if theres nearby areas you could park a car at

Hi there,

Thanks for your message.

Parking for students on campus is limited, so we'd suggest that you try to leave your car at home if possible. If you'd like to park on campus, you'll need to apply for a student parking permit or use the pay-and-display parking. There are certain criteria to be eligible for a student parking permit, which you can see on our website.

Our campus is really easy to get around by walking or cycling, and there's a free shuttle bus between Campus West and Campus East. Plus the city centre is easy to access from campus - you can walk there in about 30 minutes, cycle, or get the bus.

I hope that helps :smile:
Helen
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by University of York
Hi there,

Thanks for your message.

Parking for students on campus is limited, so we'd suggest that you try to leave your car at home if possible. If you'd like to park on campus, you'll need to apply for a student parking permit or use the pay-and-display parking. There are certain criteria to be eligible for a student parking permit, which you can see on our website.

Our campus is really easy to get around by walking or cycling, and there's a free shuttle bus between Campus West and Campus East. Plus the city centre is easy to access from campus - you can walk there in about 30 minutes, cycle, or get the bus.

I hope that helps :smile:
Helen

thanks for the reply! the thing is I would be making frequent trips back home in Surrey so do u know if there are any nearby places for long-term parking around the campus? because with the journeys i would be making i thought it would be easier to drive up and down instead of take the train
Original post by ali_malik
thanks for the reply! the thing is I would be making frequent trips back home in Surrey so do u know if there are any nearby places for long-term parking around the campus? because with the journeys i would be making i thought it would be easier to drive up and down instead of take the train

Hi,

There are a number of long stay car parks in the city centre, which could be what you're looking for? I think the nearest one to campus is Grimston Bar. Here's a map with the car parks on. You can buy a season ticket for a minimum of 1 month and a maximum of 12 months.

Hazel :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by University of York
Hi,

There are a number of long stay car parks in the city centre, which could be what you're looking for? I think the nearest one to campus is Grimston Bar. Here's a map with the car parks on. You can buy a season ticket for a minimum of 1 month and a maximum of 12 months.

Hazel :smile:

thanks!!! that really is a lot of help, i appreciate it : ))))

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending