The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I don't think so, because it's all on an electronic answer document where you input your answers, I had a thought that it could be describing some sort of process given in certain data, like it was for the 2017 last question in section A where it was 5 marks to write about the steps in a stack and implementing the 'undo' and 'repeat' actions. It could also possibly be something like the advantages + disadvantages of dynamic and static data structures as there are quite a few that could make up a 5 mark style question. Plus for question 1 it's only one singular question, so it is most likely something you would type, but I don't think in any of the Section A questions it's asked us to write pseudocode
Original post by pafri12
question 1 might be to write pseudocode?
Original post by wzrdium
does anyone have the c# ead

its the same EAD mate
Original post by pafri12
question 1 might be to write pseudocode?

ive never seen an AQA paper ask to write pseudocode, i think they did it on the old spec, i think it'll be a question about how circular queues work
Reply 23
yeah that's very probable
Original post by tedkazcynski
ive never seen an AQA paper ask to write pseudocode, i think they did it on the old spec, i think it'll be a question about how circular queues work
Reply 24
Any tips on getting better at this dastan thing? I fully forgot about it and we haven't had any Paper 1 mocks only paper2
Reply 25
https://www.youtube.com/@MrMohammadCS/featured this is a good account that explains stuff on Dastan
Original post by kizza11
Any tips on getting better at this dastan thing? I fully forgot about it and we haven't had any Paper 1 mocks only paper2

https://gokernow.co.uk/learn/course/view.php?id=2&section=1%5D this is the best stuff look at the AQA dastan resource pack
Reply 27
Anyone got any goods tips or help i could use to prepare for the skeleton code or overall programming question in paper 1?
Reply 28
Original post by B_234
Anyone got any goods tips or help i could use to prepare for the skeleton code or overall programming question in paper 1?

use this for skeleton code https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/A-level_Computing/AQA/Paper_1/Skeleton_program/2023
and do past paper questions for the programming question in paper 1

just make sure you know how dastan works in your language so u can answer the questions either fully or to a decent extent
Does anyone know any useful VB.NET resources especially for learning and practicing OOP? Or any resources to get more familiar with like pseudocode and trace tables?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 30
year 12 student here, I've got a mock on rabbits and foxes (2017 AL) skeleton code, how can I revise it? I've been doing the Wiki questions and the past paper Qs, how else can I revise the skeleton code or more so paper 1 in general?
Reply 31
Original post by mskr710
year 12 student here, I've got a mock on rabbits and foxes (2017 AL) skeleton code, how can I revise it? I've been doing the Wiki questions and the past paper Qs, how else can I revise the skeleton code or more so paper 1 in general?

flashcards on paper 1 content, practice questions for trace tables/fsms if you did them too since they usually always come up. for rabbit n foxes, if youve done all the wiki questions thats good, if not then keep doing them, if you have then make some of your own questions and try solve them in set time periods. rabbit and foxes is relatively easy tbh so it shouldnt be too bad, gl with ur test
Reply 32
Okay thanks, do you know where I can find the C# solution for the 2021 Section B question, the one about Harshad numbers? (same with the 2022 one as well), ik where 2017 - 2020 solutions are but I can't seem to find the rest lol
Reply 33
Original post by mskr710
Okay thanks, do you know where I can find the C# solution for the 2021 Section B question, the one about Harshad numbers? (same with the 2022 one as well), ik where 2017 - 2020 solutions are but I can't seem to find the rest lol

idk where you could find the c# solution but here's the mark scheme so u could just compare it to what u have
https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/sample-papers-and-mark-schemes/2021/november/AQA-75171-MS-NOV21.PDF

if u have done it properly and it works then i guess its correct, most of the time if u show the screenshots properly and the code looks reasonable examiners will give u full marks
Original post by mskr710

public static void twentyTwentyOne()
{
Console.Write("enter number: ");
int nthTerm = int.Parse(Console.ReadLine());
int index = 0;
int count = 0;
int nthHarshad = 0;
while (count < nthTerm)
{
index++;
int temp = index;
int sum = 0;
while (temp > 0)
{
sum += temp % 10;
temp /= 10;
}
if (index % sum == 0)
{
count++;
nthHarshad = index;
}
}
Console.WriteLine(nthHarshad);
}
public static void twentyTwentyTwo()
{
char[] vowels = { 'a', 'e', 'i', 'o', 'u' };
Console.Write("ENTER WORD: ");
StringBuilder word = new StringBuilder(Console.ReadLine());
int lastVowelFound = word.Length - 1;
for(int i = 0; i < word.Length / 2; i++)
{
if (vowels.Contains(word))
{
while(true)
{
if (vowels.Contains(word[lastVowelFound]))
{
char temp = word[lastVowelFound];
word[lastVowelFound] = word;
word = temp;
lastVowelFound--;
break;
}
lastVowelFound--;
}
}
}
Console.WriteLine(word);
}

ive noticed that section B questions are getting progressively harder, im expecting a difficult one this year
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 35
Okay thanks, just one final question lol, would be worth doing old spec past papers (i.e AQA Computing questions) (mainly for paper 2)?
Original post by mskr710
Okay thanks, just one final question lol, would be worth doing old spec past papers (i.e AQA Computing questions) (mainly for paper 2)?

yeah the old spec is pretty much the same as the new spec but with a few extra bits, good for floating point practise and stuff like that but all of the topics are in different orders
Anyone know what OOP principles appear in Dastan (other than the obvious inheritance of the kotla class)?
Original post by Zinny_Zanny
Anyone know what OOP principles appear in Dastan (other than the obvious inheritance of the kotla class)?

getpointsforoccupancy, i'll let you figure that one out
Reply 39
What boundaries are people hoping for? I was hoping for it is be 64 for an A as usual, would hate for it to be 68 for an A like in 2019

Latest

Trending

Trending