The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
boundaries wont really matter since its out of 375 and 2019 was 309

paper 1 and 2 are out of 200 in total with a 1.5 weighting and so are marked out of 300 so getting an a in paper 1 and 2 with 64 for an a is just 192+ur nea/375
Original post by nopey123
What boundaries are people hoping for? I was hoping for it is be 64 for an A as usual, would hate for it to be 68 for an A like in 2019
Reply 41
is this is how the format is going to look like in the exam or is this a predicition

Original post by Magnus_101
this is it in pages
Reply 42
Is everyone confident about Dastan? I am thinking about having a live session if enough participants are looking to join and discuss the skeleton code - focusing on those who are really struggling close to the exam.
Reply 43
Original post by Zinny_Zanny
Anyone know what OOP principles appear in Dastan (other than the obvious inheritance of the kotla class)?

Encapsulation and Abstraction - e.g. code related to square is in square class, class attributes stored within etc.
Inheritance as you mentioned, closely related to the Polymorphism that is where kotla and square could be used in the same way.

In fact, in the py code, There is room to create each type of MOVE as a class inhereting from Move.
Reply 44
am taking exam in a college ,I was told I must bring my own laptop with the correct software on it ,I’m doing python version,pls can someone kindly provided me with what software/programs I need on the computer ,and if someone has the EAD for python,
Original post by hsn953
Encapsulation and Abstraction - e.g. code related to square is in square class, class attributes stored within etc.
Inheritance as you mentioned, closely related to the Polymorphism that is where kotla and square could be used in the same way.

In fact, in the py code, There is room to create each type of MOVE as a class inhereting from Move.

Yhyh igy thx
Reply 46
am taking exam in a college ,I was told I must bring my own laptop with the correct software on it ,I’m doing python version,pls can someone kindly provided me with what software/programs I need on the computer ,and if someone has the EAD for python,
Original post by Dragonco

brother what, how have you not got a device with the correct software on it, you're taking an exam without ever having practised or coded before?
Reply 48
Original post by hsn953
Is everyone confident about Dastan? I am thinking about having a live session if enough participants are looking to join and discuss the skeleton code - focusing on those who are really struggling close to the exam.

yeah i would join that
Reply 49
Original post by hsn953

Yes Yes Yes lets do it
Original post by hsn953

Yeah please, paper 1 will make or break my grade
Please could someone send me the EAD?
Reply 52
Original post by hsn953

yes please
Reply 53
Setting up an event for Thursday 1pm. Pending approval from forum.
Reply 54
Please let me know if this is happening , would really appreciate it
Reply 55
How do we know? In regards to where the event is taking place? Do I just come here on Thursday 1pm

Original post by hsn953
Setting up an event for Thursday 1pm. Pending approval from forum.
Reply 56
I've set this up via eventbrite / ideal is a zoom meeting where everyone can participate.
Reply 57
has anyone made any predictions based off the ead? i’ve left my revision a bit too late so im trying to prioritise what’s likely to come up
Original post by mon2419
has anyone made any predictions based off the ead? i’ve left my revision a bit too late so im trying to prioritise what’s likely to come up

question 3 is looking really funky to me i have no clue what that is, first question is likely a question about how circular queues work or something similar, theres definitely going to be a stack im guessing in section C it'll be about the MoveOptionQueue, theres definitely a turing machine trace, its pretty hard to predict D but based off of what they normally do question 13 will be an input validation or a name setting method, but other than that im pretty clueless

ive also noticed a lack of questions about time complexity, so im thinking one of the stack looking tables is going to be an order these time complexities or soemthing, along wiht a define space complexity question
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 59
Sorry, the forum didn't allow the link to the eventbrite Dastan event, they think it's advertising. I've requested them to allow in some way perhaps just the direct zoom meeting details so anyone who wants to join can join

Latest

Trending

Trending