The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by tedkazcynski
question 3 is looking really funky to me i have no clue what that is, first question is likely a question about how circular queues work or something similar, theres definitely going to be a stack im guessing in section C it'll be about the MoveOptionQueue, theres definitely a turing machine trace, its pretty hard to predict D but based off of what they normally do question 13 will be an input validation or a name setting method, but other than that im pretty clueless

ive also noticed a lack of questions about time complexity, so im thinking one of the stack looking tables is going to be an order these time complexities or soemthing, along wiht a define space complexity question

Complexity related question could be a small one I suppose.

The queue for moves is already circular isn't it? More of a conveyer belt than using pointers (in py at least).

Input validation
Custom name / symbol
Adding new classes perhaps
Board size beyond single digit dimensions
Reply 61
Original post by hsn953

The queue for moves is already circular isn't it? More of a conveyer belt than using pointers (in py at least).

Input validation
Custom name / symbol

is the ead universal? like is the python ead the same as the c# ead for example or no
Original post by wzrdium
is the ead universal? like is the python ead the same as the c# ead for example or no

yes
Reply 63
I'm afraid this website owners have not permitted me to publish a link to externally organised event. They've given a reason "due to our safeguarding processes it is just not possible to take members into a face to face offsite." which I completely understand.

I'm not sure if its the same issue if someone goes to eventbrite and searches free online sessions for dastan would be the same objection. Not sure.
Original post by hsn953
I'm afraid this website owners have not permitted me to publish a link to externally organised event. They've given a reason "due to our safeguarding processes it is just not possible to take members into a face to face offsite." which I completely understand.

I'm not sure if its the same issue if someone goes to eventbrite and searches free online sessions for dastan would be the same objection. Not sure.

you're just making excuses at this point, post it anyway all the mods are going to do is remove it and maybe ban you or something, which you can just evade by making a new account
Reply 65
you're just making excuses at this point, post it anyway all the mods are going to do is remove it and maybe ban you or something, which you can just evade by making a new account

Read between the lines :smile: i just posted.
Original post by hsn953

Input validation
Custom name / symbol

i doubt they would do a board size beyond single digit dimensions, thats just too big of a task, it spreads over pretty much the entire program
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 67
i doubt they would do a board size beyond single digit dimensions, thats just too big of a task, it spreads over pretty much the entire program

Yeah, whatever they ask cannot interfere with other questions they ask.

also i think theyll do a new class called promotion, that seems well fitting since dastan is basically chess
Has anyone got anymore suggestions on what questions and topics could come up based on the EAD???
Reply 70
Original post by hsn953

Hypothetically if someone would like to join, but doesn't do python (our college chose c# instead), would it still be applicable? (this may be a dumb question I'm just really desperate right now)
Reply 71
Original post by c46555rl
Hypothetically if someone would like to join, but doesn't do python (our college chose c# instead), would it still be applicable? (this may be a dumb question I'm just really desperate right now)

I'm doing C# and joining, I think most of the same principles to the code should apply so should still be useful. Just gonna have the C# up as well
Reply 72
Original post by Jamber
I'm doing C# and joining, I think most of the same principles to the code should apply so should still be useful. Just gonna have the C# up as well

Thanks for the reply :smile: I just reserved my spot, I'll just have the c# code up too
Reply 73
Original post by nopey123
What boundaries are people hoping for? I was hoping for it is be 64 for an A as usual, would hate for it to be 68 for an A like in 2019

It'll probably be around half way between 2019 boundaries and 2022 boundaries. I would expect around 66-67%
Reply 74
For section D - how likely is it for a question to come up on creating a new move. Seen a few predictions saying this. I am so scared this exam is gonna be a stinker loool
Reply 75
Anyone know where the zoom link is from the Eventbrite ticket?
Original post by Jamber
Anyone know where the zoom link is from the Eventbrite ticket?

yeah was wondering the same, I've got a ticket but dk how to join the event
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 77
Yea cant find it
Reply 78
Found it, its in the about section
Original post by Jamber
Found it, its in the about section

can you send the link here I still cant find it?

Latest

Trending

Trending