The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Check DMs
can I have it too
Reply 82
Just sent it to you
Reply 83
hope it was a confidence booster for all of you - good luck and keep practising!
hi! for the people who have the EAD, what are your predictions based on the tables or any other questions you think they could ask? and also what would be the topics most worth going over in the next couple days in preparation, and anything specific about dastan they could possibly ask based on the skeleton code? i'm not the best at coding and am definitely more confident for paper 2 haha, but any help would be appriciated ! :smile:
I'm a bit confused on linear queues could someone clarify something for me? Some resources say when an item is removed from the front, all the other items move one space forward and so does the last pointer, but others are saying when the first item is removed from the queue, the front pointer moves back one space creating a gap at the front. I'm not sure which theory to go with.
Does anyone have the 2022 papers for AQA? Papers 1 & 2
Original post by cornesy_t
For section D - how likely is it for a question to come up on creating a new move. Seen a few predictions saying this. I am so scared this exam is gonna be a stinker loool

Very likely I think, but it would be only like 4 marks. All you need to do is update the CreateMoveOptions subroutine
Reply 88
Original post by hellohello212005
I'm a bit confused on linear queues could someone clarify something for me? Some resources say when an item is removed from the front, all the other items move one space forward and so does the last pointer, but others are saying when the first item is removed from the queue, the front pointer moves back one space creating a gap at the front. I'm not sure which theory to go with.

Those are the 2 seperate ways you can implement a linear queue. They're both valid, however moving all the items up to fill the empty space is processor intensive whereas leaving empty spaces creates memory redundancy
Original post by chowup321
Those are the 2 seperate ways you can implement a linear queue. They're both valid, however moving all the items up to fill the empty space is processor intensive whereas leaving empty spaces creates memory redundancy

yeah makes sense, with the second problem being the problem that is solved by circular queues. thanks for explaining.
Reply 90
Original post by superstrawberri
Does anyone have the 2022 papers for AQA? Papers 1 & 2

I have those but it I can seem to upload a pdf pls send me email address although I don't know if this is correct but I was told by an examiner that its not likely that they choose questions/topics as the main from the most recent year ?
Reply 91
This might be a stupid question but help. For the programming questions and Dastan questions, do you upload screenshots of your edits to your program or copy and paste the program itself into the ead? For all paper 1 tests, I've been putting in screenshots like everyone else in class but heard from somewhere that you need to copy your code in? Teachers haven't ever said anything.....Really confused right now
Reply 92
Original post by updown14
This might be a stupid question but help. For the programming questions and Dastan questions, do you upload screenshots of your edits to your program or copy and paste the program itself into the ead? For all paper 1 tests, I've been putting in screenshots like everyone else in class but heard from somewhere that you need to copy your code in? Teachers haven't ever said anything.....Really confused right now

Personally, I copy and paste my code into the EAD with the test cases done as screenshots. I'm pretty sure its personal preference, as long as what you put in the document is legible, screenshots or text is fine.

the way I've understood it is for part a of the coding qs you screenshot all your actual edits to the code (can be multiple screenshots), and for part b (or final part if its a multiple part q) you only screenshot the final user display after inputting all required inputs and the outputs your code displays.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 94

EAD.png
Original post by Jamber
Personally, I copy and paste my code into the EAD with the test cases done as screenshots. I'm pretty sure its personal preference, as long as what you put in the document is legible, screenshots or text is fine.

I have a further q, if I'm stuck with the coding and can't produce a final solution, can I cut all the code and quickly write code that displays what the question requires. I know this is either a mark or no mark situation, more likely to be no mark, but was wondering if its possible that I might actually lose marks for doing this?
Reply 96
I have a further q, if I'm stuck with the coding and can't produce a final solution, can I cut all the code and quickly write code that displays what the question requires. I know this is either a mark or no mark situation, more likely to be no mark, but was wondering if its possible that I might actually lose marks for doing this?

I've always assumed you can do this, theres some discussion of this earlier in the thread and I belive some were saying you lose the marks if the code is incorrect. You could probably only do this for section B, as modifying the output of Dastan would probably be more effort than just completing the task you need to do lol
Original post by nopey123
Yeah, whatever they ask cannot interfere with other questions they ask.

I'm not too sure about that, in my college our computer science teacher set us up with different files for different questions, that way there's sure not not be interference between tasks. Although I'm not sure if this is the standard ?

its not marked like that. its not simply full marks if output right and no marks if output wrong. you are marked for the step by step things you do, if the output is incorrect
Reply 99
Does anyone have any Section B suggestions. Websites/Predicted questions stuff like that would help alot thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending