The Student Room Group

Getting Indefinite leav to remain mid course

Hi,
I just got my indefinite leave in my second year. DO you think I Ould be eligible for a maintenance loan?
Original post by ratttisha
Hi,
I just got my indefinite leave in my second year. DO you think I Ould be eligible for a maintenance loan?

Hi there,

Can you confirm when your 2nd year started? When were you granted ILR?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Yes. I was
Yes. I was

Hi there, When did you get granted the status? When did your 2nd year commence? Thanks, Angela
Reply 4
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, When did you get granted the status? When did your 2nd year commence? Thanks, Angela

April 2023
April 2023

Hi there, Was this when you were granted the status? Or when year 2 started? Thanks, Angela
Reply 6
Granted the status
Hi there, Was this when you were granted the status? Or when year 2 started? Thanks, Angela
Granted the status

Hi there, When did year 2 start? Thanks, Angela
Reply 8
October 2022
Hi there, When did year 2 start? Thanks, Angela
October 2022

Hi there, what nationality are you? Thanks, Karen
Reply 10
Nepalese
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, what nationality are you? Thanks, Karen
Nepalese

In order to be assessed as a Home Student for Tuition Fee Loan and Maintenance Loan you would need to meet the following residency criteria:
- Have settled status in the UK (ILR, ILE, No Time Limit) or Settled Status awarded under the EU Settlement Scheme), this must have been granted before the first day of the first AY of their course
- Have been ordinarily resident in the UK and Islands for the three years prior to the first day of the first AY of their course, they need to provide Home Office status evidence for this period
- Be ordinarily resident in England on the first day of the first AY of their course

If you weren't granted your ILR prior to the 1st day of the 1st academic year of your course you wouldn't be eligible to apply for Maintenance Loan.

Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending