The Student Room Group

EU migrant worker

Hello, I have applied for the full loan (tuition and maintenance) for my fist year as a migrant worker, but I am unsure If I will get the loan.
-I took two years gap before the start of my course
-I found a job really late in the year
-I was not in the UK before the start of my course due to not having an accommodation yet.
My main concern is the maintenance loan, as I have previously applied for the tuition loan and was granted it before I re-submitted another form suggested to me.
I would really like to avoid dropping out due to finances.
I have also lived in the UK since the age of 5(I am now 21) without leaving the country for longer than a few weeks.
I kind of find it unfair that the corona virus did not change the sfe policy for funding, as that was the main factor for why I could not come back into the country for my two gap years.
I convinced my mom to move out of the UK a year ago, because I believed I would no longer need her here as I would move away to university.
I also hold a settled status (Indefinite Leave to Remain)

I am just looking for alternatives (other than dropping out) that I could use If I find out I am not qualified for the maintenance loan.

Thank you
Original post by iam_stressed
Hello, I have applied for the full loan (tuition and maintenance) for my fist year as a migrant worker, but I am unsure If I will get the loan.
-I took two years gap before the start of my course
-I found a job really late in the year
-I was not in the UK before the start of my course due to not having an accommodation yet.
My main concern is the maintenance loan, as I have previously applied for the tuition loan and was granted it before I re-submitted another form suggested to me.
I would really like to avoid dropping out due to finances.
I have also lived in the UK since the age of 5(I am now 21) without leaving the country for longer than a few weeks.
I kind of find it unfair that the corona virus did not change the sfe policy for funding, as that was the main factor for why I could not come back into the country for my two gap years.
I convinced my mom to move out of the UK a year ago, because I believed I would no longer need her here as I would move away to university.
I also hold a settled status (Indefinite Leave to Remain)

I am just looking for alternatives (other than dropping out) that I could use If I find out I am not qualified for the maintenance loan.

Thank you

Hi there,

In most cases if you have Settled Status or Indefinite Leave to Remain you don't need to apply as a Migrant Worker at all.

We'd recommend uploading both your share code and a copy of your Home Office letter confirming that you have Settled Status, and this will be reviewed by the assessors.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending