The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE English Literature Paper 1 (1ET0 01) - 17th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by gcse2023!
hello everyone!
all the very best for english lit 0n 17th!
I have to prepare of mice and men.
I wanted to ask, we have a choice between a character and a theme right?
because im more comfortable with themes :frown:

also, roughly how many words or pages of analysis would secure a good grade in bith novel as well as poetry?

any tips will be huge help!
thanks a bunch @Evil Homer for this platform and good luck!

Yes, we have to choose between one or the other :smile: It has always been a theme and character question but it might not always be.
Reply 21
Any predictions for Macbeth 2023 English lit paper ?
Reply 22
Original post by hi29585
Any predictions for Macbeth 2023 English lit paper ?

My teacher says loyalty!
Original post by isagi yoichi
Anyone have any thoughts on what the questions would be for edexcel english lit?Preferrably for Animal Farm,Romeo + Juliet and Jekyll and Hyde + Conflict Poetry?

I’ve heard that for R+J it will be either masculinity or control or even conflict
Original post by h11huang
Hello everyone!!

Does anyone think they have any predictions for Merchant of Venice and Journey's end??

Thanksss!!

MOV probably NOT going to be power, deception, suffering, making choices, prejudice or trust.

It'll probably be money/class/religion/love something along the lines of that.
Hi guys, best of luck tomorrow, any tips or predictions for journeys end or the macbeth extract
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by gcse2023!
hello everyone!
all the very best for english lit 0n 17th!
I have to prepare of mice and men.
I wanted to ask, we have a choice between a character and a theme right?
because im more comfortable with themes :frown:

also, roughly how many words or pages of analysis would secure a good grade in bith novel as well as poetry?

any tips will be huge help!
thanks a bunch @Evil Homer for this platform and good luck!

hi!!

yeah there are two questions you can choose from: a character and a theme.

as for how much to write: it completely depends. some people i know have gotten full marks by writing two paragraphs, and some people have gotten the same by writing 5. remember: quality over quantity! don't waffle on for three pages, just put down as much as you can that is relevant in the time that you have. good lucckkk, dw i'm preparing for my english lit paper tomorrow too: hope it all goes well!
Reply 27
does anyone have any ideas for a.i.c for tmrw
Reply 28
i don’t know any merchant of venice quotes
Original post by moroselife
i don’t know any merchant of venice quoteswat

watch a top ten quotes and anlysis for it videos on yt
Reply 30
Hey all! If any of you wish to receive any last minute tips for the English Literature paper, feel free to contact me and ask away! (Grade 9 student always happy to help haha)

Also good luck for tomorrow everyone! I have no doubts that we will all do wonderfully :smile: Keep up the hard work and dedication
Reply 31
Any passage predictions for Macbeth part a)?
Reply 32
Original post by AlishaDaisy
Hi there, I’m studying Romeo and Juliet and Lord of the Flies for Paper 1. Any tips on how to pass this???

hey, know its a bit late now, but i would say always stick to the question focus! I know it seems obvious but sometimes i always find myself going down a rabbit hole haha. i'm also doing romeo and juliet and lord of the flies tomorrow, do you have any predictions? i think r+j might be control or conflict, maybe love, and LotF simon or savagery? good luck for tomorrow :smile: !!
Reply 33
Original post by brain cells
Hey all! If any of you wish to receive any last minute tips for the English Literature paper, feel free to contact me and ask away! (Grade 9 student always happy to help haha)

Also good luck for tomorrow everyone! I have no doubts that we will all do wonderfully :smile: Keep up the hard work and dedication

How do you think I should go about structuring my part b whole text questions as I'm not too sure what do to.
Original post by Allietanado2
yeah its 1g = 1000mg
thank god for edibles

how do u feel about lit for tomorrow??
Original post by enthjmk5e664
how do u feel about lit for tomorrow??

scared, i need to get 8-9 bc i wanna do it for sixth form
scared, i need to get 8-9 bc i wanna do it for sixth form

any last minute tipsss??
Reply 37