The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE English Literature Paper 1 (1ET0 01) - 17th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by enthjmk5e664
any last minute tipsss??

just make sure you have a good knowledge of techniques and just memorise phrases and words that make you sound smart
like affluence
Original post by A.23
What books are you guys doing ? I’m doing ACC and macbeth

acc and r&j
Reply 42
Original post by enthjmk5e664
SAME

AYYY for Macbeth if there’s anything about witches then you can say that they speak in trochaic tetrameter whereas everyone else speaks in iambic pentameter xx
Reply 43
Original post by Allietanado2
just make sure you have a good knowledge of techniques and just memorise phrases and words that make you sound smart
like affluence

Scrooge is a miserly man , fezziwig is an egalitarian and Macbeth is a tyrant ruler ❤️❤️
Reply 44
Original post by A.23
Scrooge is a miserly man , fezziwig is an egalitarian and Macbeth is a tyrant ruler ❤️❤️

Anyways guys let’s go to sleep now so we’re ready to ace the exam in the morning with a fresh mind - and if I don’t text on here again then GOOD LUCK hoping you guys get grade 9s 🧞
Hi, hope your all doing good. I just wanted to ask If an introduction and conclusion is needed becasue some people say you do and some people say you don't?
i think maybe a quick introduction for part a but no conclusion and part b i would write one and same for the second section

Original post by Agent599494
Hi, hope your all doing good. I just wanted to ask If an introduction and conclusion is needed becasue some people say you do and some people say you don't?
How did it go guys? How did you find it?
Reply 48
(Original post by Evil Homer)How did it go guys? How did you find it?

I didn't finish it... dying
Original post by Day Toy
(Original post by Evil Homer)How did it go guys? How did you find it?

I didn't finish it... dying

Ahh I'm sorry to hear that! How far did you get?
Reply 50
Original post by Evil Homer
Ahh I'm sorry to hear that! How far did you get?

I wrote about 2400 words but only 200 for the unseen
Reply 51
What extract came up for Macbeth? What was the theme?
Original post by mois56
What extract came up for Macbeth? What was the theme?

extract question was Act 1, Scene 7 i think

and the theme was power so that was pretty nice :smile:
Original post by pen_to_paper
extract question was Act 1, Scene 7 i think

and the theme was power so that was pretty nice :smile:

It was such a slay question but omg mystery for aic wth mate
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by brain cells
Hey all! If any of you wish to receive any last minute tips for the English Literature paper, feel free to contact me and ask away! (Grade 9 student always happy to help haha)

Also good luck for tomorrow everyone! I have no doubts that we will all do wonderfully :smile: Keep up the hard work and dedication

can u give grade 9 j&h analysis points bc I often struggle with Jekyll and Hyde
Original post by sara572729
It was such a slay question but omg mystery for aic wth mate

I feel like both questions for AIC weren’t great but generations was so much better
I loved the Macbeth questions, but for AIC, I didn't manage to include much varied context and it my context was repeated and very vague. Also, I ran-out of time for that Q. I did mystery
Original post by naomi.r.williams
I feel like both questions for AIC weren’t great but generations was so much better

I am the only person I talked to who did mystery, and the reason why I chose it is because I thought I would repeat myself with the younger gens one
Original post by naomi.r.williams

yh bc i didn't want to talk too much about the older and younger generations together bc that wasn't the question so it was difficult to think of other points as well yk
Original post by minwom28818
I am the only person I talked to who did mystery, and the reason why I chose it is because I thought I would repeat myself with the younger gens one

what did you say for mystery?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending