The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE English Literature Paper 1 (1ET0 01) - 17th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Evil Homer
How did it go guys? How did you find it?

for OMAM it was a bit unexpected. theme was responsibility!
of allll the 10 themes I had prepared for, seeing this was a bit of a set back to be honest.
poems wise i think i did well.
unseen poetry wasnt too bad either.
now fingers crossed for the most important 40 marker!
i did manage to write 5 paragraphs and 11 quotes.
hope it pays off..
Am I the only one that did mystery? None of my friends did it either
Original post by minwom28818
I am the only person I talked to who did mystery, and the reason why I chose it is because I thought I would repeat myself with the younger gens one

I did mystery too but I kind of waffled and likens it to inspecting and time and stuff
Reply 63
Original post by greenthing
Ahoy, does anyone have any predictions for Journey's End or Macbeth?

Ahoy! How did it go? I do those two plays too!
Reply 64
Original post by mois56
What extract came up for Macbeth? What was the theme?

The scene was Lady Macbeth emasculating Macbeth saying 'when you durst do it then you were a man' and 'dash'd the brains out' and all that
Reply 65
Macbeth was super nice and animal farm was pretty easy to since the theme was education
i can’t belive we got lady macbeth and power i was smiling at the paper

journeys end got me a little bit because they gave us two themes to chose from instead of a character and a theme but i picked bravery and did about raleigh, stanhope and osborne

overall not to bad but happy it’s done, well done guys
Reply 67
Original post by emilyworrell
i can’t belive we got lady macbeth and power i was smiling at the paper

journeys end got me a little bit because they gave us two themes to chose from instead of a character and a theme but i picked bravery and did about raleigh, stanhope and osborne

overall not to bad but happy it’s done, well done guys

yesss it was quite a nice paper actually definitely not as scary as i thought!
same i was prepared for a lot worse so it was a relief to see that extract and lady macbeth

Original post by 18burrowsd
yesss it was quite a nice paper actually definitely not as scary as i thought!
no wonder u on foundation hahahahahahahahah
Reply 70
Original post by sara572729
can u give grade 9 j&h analysis points bc I often struggle with Jekyll and Hyde

Oh my God! I am so sorry for not being able to check this sooner :frown: I've been having some issues with my internet connection lately. Unfortunately, I don't study Jekyll and Hyde but I strongly recommend watching Mr Salles playlist on Jekyll and Hyde on Youtube! He explains and analyses the pieces in a great amount of detail and I'm certain it would be of much use :smile: Yet again apologies for not having read this sooner!
Reply 71
Original post by h11huang
How do you think I should go about structuring my part b whole text questions as I'm not too sure what do to.

Sorry for not having read this sooner!!!!!! Of course it's most definitely too late to answer this now but I'm sure you did amazingly well so don't worry too much about the part b! As long as you made sure your answer linked back to the question then there's no doubt in my mind that you've aced it!:smile:
Reply 72
Original post by sara572729
It was such a slay question but omg mystery for aic wth mate

icl whar would u even write ab mystery the only thing i can think of is inspectro cools - icl edexcel were so good w this paper though it could have been sm worse
Reply 73
bruv that was the easiest paper iv ever done
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by misa!!
icl whar would u even write ab mystery the only thing i can think of is inspectro cools - icl edexcel were so good w this paper though it could have been sm worse

Honestly I have no clue but grade boundaries are gonna be out of the roof so I’m very scared for that
Original post by brain cells
Oh my God! I am so sorry for not being able to check this sooner :frown: I've been having some issues with my internet connection lately. Unfortunately, I don't study Jekyll and Hyde but I strongly recommend watching Mr Salles playlist on Jekyll and Hyde on Youtube! He explains and analyses the pieces in a great amount of detail and I'm certain it would be of much use :smile: Yet again apologies for not having read this sooner!

Honestly it’s fine :smile: I havw watched most of his j&h videos but I still struggle w it probably gonna rewatch his videos again this weekend
Reply 76
Lads I forgot to write about the second bullet point for Macbeth, am I screwed? :frown:
Original post by noah_
Lads I forgot to write about the second bullet point for Macbeth, am I screwed? :frown:

what do you mean, that you only wrote one paragraph?
Original post by noah_

Mate what’s the second point also LADS LMFAOOOO
Reply 79
Original post by noah_
lads i forgot to write about the second bullet point for macbeth, am i screwed? :frown:

what was the second bullet point???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending