The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE English Literature Paper 1 (1ET0 01) - 17th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by emilyworrell
what do you mean, that you only wrote one paragraph?

nah i just wrote two main points about the first bullet point
Reply 81
Original post by sara572729
Mate what’s the second point also LADS LMFAOOOO

Original post by 18burrowsd
what was the second bullet point???

It was "the effects power has on characters" or something like that
Original post by noah_
It was "the effects power has on characters" or something like that

was it actyally I didn’t even read that but my whole essay was like examples of how power corrupts the souls and innocence of characters , what was the first point
Original post by noah_
nah i just wrote two main points about the first bullet point

you should be fine then
Reply 84
Original post by sara572729
Honestly it’s fine :smile: I havw watched most of his j&h videos but I still struggle w it probably gonna rewatch his videos again this weekend

Ah yes that would probably be good haha! Good luck with your exam I'm sure you will do splendidly :smile:
Reply 85
Original post by brain cells
Hey all! If any of you wish to receive any last minute tips for the English Literature paper, feel free to contact me and ask away! (Grade 9 student always happy to help haha)

Also good luck for tomorrow everyone! I have no doubts that we will all do wonderfully :smile: Keep up the hard work and dedication

hello !! could you please give tips on sentence starters that would encourage me to progress my analysis :frown: and some help with conflict poetry and christmas carol ( if you do those !! ) and also some tips for having a variety of words instead of signify, this shows, this conveys”
Reply 86
hey how did everyone find the merchant of venice and journeys end paper today?
Reply 87
(Original post by moroselife)hello !! could you please give tips on sentence starters that would encourage me to progress my analysis :frown: and some help with conflict poetry and christmas carol ( if you do those !! ) and also some tips for having a variety of words instead of signify, this shows, this conveys”

i mean, you could use 'this portrays' or 'this functions to provide an insight into....'
Original post by ertiop
hey how did everyone find the merchant of venice and journeys end paper today?

journeys end caught me off guard a bit as both questions were themes and there was no character or relationship question but i chose the bravery one and thought it was quite good
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 89
Could someone please tell me the consequences of not writing "part a" and "part b" before you've began writing them in your part 1 response on GCSE Edexcel English Literature paper 1?
Reply 90
Original post by Dan.g
Could someone please tell me the consequences of not writing "part a" and "part b" before you've began writing them in your part 1 response on GCSE Edexcel English Literature paper 1?

it should not be too big of a deal, the examiner should recognise two different points relating to two different questions, although i don’t know exactly if you have to write in part a and b, you should be fine!
Original post by Dan.g

i wouldn’t assume there would be a consequence as long as there was a line gap between both of part a and b i’m sure the examiner will know what is what
Reply 92
Original post by emilyworrell
i wouldn’t assume there would be a consequence as long as there was a line gap between both of part a and b i’m sure the examiner will know what is what

If a big line gap isn't present but a nomal line gap that is typically used between responses is, would the difference in points between part a and b due to the questions for each make it clear enough for the examiner?
Original post by Dan.g
If a big line gap isn't present but a nomal line gap that is typically used between responses is, would the difference in points between part a and b due to the questions for each make it clear enough for the examiner?

i’m sure it should be clear as part b is about a different thing to part a so the examiner should be able to understand when you began talking about power in the play
Original post by 18burrowsd
Ahoy! How did it go? I do those two plays too!

Ahoy! I hadn't prepared for the Macbeth theme Power, but actually I found that my points that I had previously thought about and planned for other themes fitted pretty well into it. I think the Macbeth extract was not too awful but not particularly generous either - were we supposed to include structure points in Qa? I didn't at all, and focused on the methods of manipulation, like questioning his masculinity, making him feel guilty - that kind of thing. I had also not prepared for either of the Journey's End themes, because I was so sure that one of the options would be a character or relationship! I ended up picking Bravery, and I feel like my first point was pretty strong but not so much the second.
Also I suck at managing my timings, so for the Journey's End one, I wrote a massive introduction that I had pre-prepared, with loads of context (I was pretty proud of it actually) and then only had time for two main paragraphs before I realised that I only had 20 minutes to write my Macbeth Qb... It is annoying, because I actually had some pretty solid point ideas for Power in Macbeth, and Bravery in JE, but I think that my rubbish time management and wasting time with over-planning definitely got in the way! I think the fact I wrote only 2 main paragraphs of JE, wrote my Macbeth Qb in such a frantic rush, and had no time to re-read and check my answers could be a big problem though... I'm just glad it's behind me though! I am glad to not have to think about Macbeth anymore, but I think I will kind of miss Journey's End! I really like it, the characters are so well written and it is just great.
How did you find it, and which Journey's End question did you pick?
Oops this is a very long reply, my bad...
Original post by greenthing
Ahoy! I hadn't prepared for the Macbeth theme Power, but actually I found that my points that I had previously thought about and planned for other themes fitted pretty well into it. I think the Macbeth extract was not too awful but not particularly generous either - were we supposed to include structure points in Qa? I didn't at all, and focused on the methods of manipulation, like questioning his masculinity, making him feel guilty - that kind of thing. I had also not prepared for either of the Journey's End themes, because I was so sure that one of the options would be a character or relationship! I ended up picking Bravery, and I feel like my first point was pretty strong but not so much the second.
Also I suck at managing my timings, so for the Journey's End one, I wrote a massive introduction that I had pre-prepared, with loads of context (I was pretty proud of it actually) and then only had time for two main paragraphs before I realised that I only had 20 minutes to write my Macbeth Qb... It is annoying, because I actually had some pretty solid point ideas for Power in Macbeth, and Bravery in JE, but I think that my rubbish time management and wasting time with over-planning definitely got in the way! I think the fact I wrote only 2 main paragraphs of JE, wrote my Macbeth Qb in such a frantic rush, and had no time to re-read and check my answers could be a big problem though... I'm just glad it's behind me though! I am glad to not have to think about Macbeth anymore, but I think I will kind of miss Journey's End! I really like it, the characters are so well written and it is just great.
How did you find it, and which Journey's End question did you pick?
Oops this is a very long reply, my bad...

i agree the fact that there was no character or relationship question for JE confused me too but i also picked bravery and thought everything went fine
Reply 96
Original post by daniell0778
Hey does anybody have predictions for AIC, Macbeth, jekyll + Hyde and power/conflict poetry

god knows te way i was happy when i saw act 1 scene 7
for an inspector calls, how much context did you add? im worried that I haven't put enough bc i didn't want to repeat myself:s-smilie:
Reply 98
For Macbeth I ended up including context about the daemonologie book but I can't remember how I included it 😭 and for AIC I started talking about how bourgeoise families would care more abt reputation and honour instead of raising their children w the correct morals and upbringing
Reply 99
same man i used alot of appositives thats what i am worrying baout i just thought it wasnt relevant to younger generation i wasnt bothered to manipulae i wish i usd more context
but at the end i used a shiut ton tho crmammed it all into my ffth paragraph but i wont get ihgh marks bro i messd up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending