The Student Room Group

LSE or Edinburgh for History and Politics?

Poll

LSE or Edinburgh vs Durham for History and Politics?

Hi everyone I have received offers for both LSE and Edinburgh for History and Politics as an international student and I can’t decide :frown:

Basically I want to do a year abroad during my degree. For Edinburgh, I could go in my third year, and there are more choices. However, it is more expensive than the programme at LSE, although LSE has fewer choices.

I personally prefer the course structure at Edinburgh a lot more, as there are certain modules that are not available at LSE even though my main interest is in modern history. However, I do realise that LSE has a much better reputation when it comes to employability, especially internationally. As much I do not want to go into finance or similar jobs, I cannot say that for sure and my parents do want me to into these industries.

I like both cities a lot, but the atmosphere at LSE seems so much more intense, while Edinburgh just seems so lovely.

So I was wondering if you guys have any advice? Thank you so much!
Reply 1
Original post by SarahhhZhou

I personally prefer the course structure at Edinburgh a lot more, as there are certain modules that are not available at LSE even though my main interest is in modern history.

Go to Edinburgh - the course has more appeal, and its a beautiful historic city.
You will have a much better overall student experience there than at LSE.
Reply 2
You have read the two unis perfectly. No one has ever gone to Edinburgh and regretted it.
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
Go to Edinburgh - the course has more appeal, and its a beautiful historic city.
You will have a much better overall student experience there than at LSE.

Thank you for the reply. That is exactly what I think! I just need to persuade my parents now
Reply 4
Just for the record, I also have an offer from Durham for Combined Honours in Social Sciences, should I also consider Durham?
Reply 5
Thank you so much for the reply. Just for the record, I also have an offer from Durham for Combined Honours in Social Sciences, should I also consider Durham?
Original post by mike23mike
You have read the two unis perfectly. No one has ever gone to Edinburgh and regretted it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending