The Student Room Group

teacher crushes??

hi,
i just want some advice i guess. i am currently a 16yo female in sixth form - and for years, ever since my first crush really, i have never liked guys from my age group, my crushes always seem to be adults. in particular, teachers. i've had at least one teacher crush every year since y7, and i have no idea why. right now, there is this one teacher i'm really obsessed with, and have been for 3 years now - and it doesn't look like it's going to get better any time soon.

it doesn't really affect my learning tbh, and ofc i would never even dream of acting on it (he doesn't even like me very much anyway, plus he's married). i also don't feel the need to stare at him or anything like that, and i don't go out of my way to spend time with him. basically, overall, i'm pretty sure it's not obvious i have a crush - i treat him like every other teacher and he treats me like every other student so there isn't any risk there.
however, i'm just really worried that i will never have a normal crush, and i was wondering why it is that i'm only attracted to teachers and a few other adults? obviously the most obvious suggestion would be 'daddy issues' but my dad is very much in the picture, and although my parents don't get along at all, we are a typical family of a married couple and two children, and my dad and i have a fairly normal relationship. so sorry for the rant, i just wanted to know whether there could be any other reason for these preferences or am i just a weirdo??

(please don't be too harsh, i know these kinds of posts are really annoying and downright weird, i just want answers )
Reply 1
You only live once- Do what makes you happy
Original post by Anonymous
hi,
i just want some advice i guess. i am currently a 16yo female in sixth form - and for years, ever since my first crush really, i have never liked guys from my age group, my crushes always seem to be adults. in particular, teachers. i've had at least one teacher crush every year since y7, and i have no idea why. right now, there is this one teacher i'm really obsessed with, and have been for 3 years now - and it doesn't look like it's going to get better any time soon.
it doesn't really affect my learning tbh, and ofc i would never even dream of acting on it (he doesn't even like me very much anyway, plus he's married). i also don't feel the need to stare at him or anything like that, and i don't go out of my way to spend time with him. basically, overall, i'm pretty sure it's not obvious i have a crush - i treat him like every other teacher and he treats me like every other student so there isn't any risk there.
however, i'm just really worried that i will never have a normal crush, and i was wondering why it is that i'm only attracted to teachers and a few other adults? obviously the most obvious suggestion would be 'daddy issues' but my dad is very much in the picture, and although my parents don't get along at all, we are a typical family of a married couple and two children, and my dad and i have a fairly normal relationship. so sorry for the rant, i just wanted to know whether there could be any other reason for these preferences or am i just a weirdo??
(please don't be too harsh, i know these kinds of posts are really annoying and downright weird, i just want answers )

Hey, it doesn't necessary mean that you have daddy issues just that you like more mature men cuz u know that they can treat u better than boys of your own age. My advice would be try giving him like more attention like to be more friendly with him to see his reaction, start little by little u know. Get to know him, like how he really is maybe you just thought that maybe is a way that he really isn't, so start from that, be friendly but not too much u know what i mean. After you decide whether you do like him(or not) try to think a future with him, is he just a fantasy or would you actually would like to have a serious relationship ? Talking to an adult in my opinion it's not the best option, I don't think u should do that. And finally, if you see that there's like no chemistry between you too, don't try anything. It's not about the gf (it kinda is), but he just may see u as a child, and he won't think of u that way.

Hope this can help u. Have a great day
Original post by Anonymous
hi,

Is your relationship with your Father good, does he pay a lot of attention to you, or are you neglected. ? The answer may lie there perhaps.
Original post by maddie_1504
Hey, it doesn't necessary mean that you have daddy issues just that you like more mature men cuz u know that they can treat u better than boys of your own age. My advice would be try giving him like more attention like to be more friendly with him to see his reaction, start little by little u know. Get to know him, like how he really is maybe you just thought that maybe is a way that he really isn't, so start from that, be friendly but not too much u know what i mean. After you decide whether you do like him(or not) try to think a future with him, is he just a fantasy or would you actually would like to have a serious relationship ? Talking to an adult in my opinion it's not the best option, I don't think u should do that. And finally, if you see that there's like no chemistry between you too, don't try anything. It's not about the gf (it kinda is), but he just may see u as a child, and he won't think of u that way.
Hope this can help u. Have a great day

please ignore this for your own sake. it's honeslty a waste of your time.

Latest

Trending

Trending