The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Sustainable Built Environment, Energy, Resources Bsc/MEng

Hi! I'm considering applying to the UCL Sustainable Built Environment, Energy, Resources Bsc/MEng undergraduate degree.
Has anyone received any offers for it? If so, what sort of things (supercurriculars, extracurriculars etc) did you do and would you recommend the course since its quite new?
Also, what other courses did you apply for?
Thank you!! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by helena_777
Hi! I'm considering applying to the UCL Sustainable Built Environment, Energy, Resources Bsc/MEng undergraduate degree.
Has anyone received any offers for it? If so, what sort of things (supercurriculars, extracurriculars etc) did you do and would you recommend the course since its quite new?
Also, what other courses did you apply for?
Thank you!! :smile:

Hi! I received an offer for this course back in January. For reference I’m currently on a gap year & achieved 3 A*s bio chem & maths in my a levels :smile:

My personal statement was acc tailored for a different uni. I also applied for civil eng & architecture, civil eng, & civil + environmental eng. UCL wasn’t my first choice to start off with but as I read more into the course that quickly changed!

In my ps I mainly spoke about diff research articles I had read and webinars / lectures I had been to, e.g. the role of maths & modelling to monitor & improve public health, design of cities & transport, building sustainably, safer cities by earthquake engineering and a few other things too. I also mentioned some virtual work experience in that industry I had done & volunteer work (not related to the course) and about some awards eg the biology Olympiad & Cambridge chem challenge!

I would recommend this course tbh if you’re interested in this field, like the environmental aspect as well as the opportunity to still go into similar industries as civil eng, architecture and a lot of others as I feel like this degree (and if you go down the consultancy route) leaves doors open to loads of industries. And not to mention the fact that it’s at UCL where the barlett got ranked 1st or sth recently so it’s deffo one of the best faculties for this course in the world!

Hope this helps :smile:
(edited 11 months ago)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
thank you so much for this! I really appreciate it :smile:

Original post by rach8245
Hi! I received an offer for this course back in January. For reference I’m currently on a gap year & achieved 3 A*s bio chem & maths in my a levels :smile:

My personal statement was acc tailored for a different uni. I also applied for civil eng & architecture, civil eng, & civil + environmental eng. UCL wasn’t my first choice to start off with but as I read more into the course that quickly changed!

In my ps I mainly spoke about diff research articles I had read and webinars / lectures I had been to, e.g. the role of maths & modelling to monitor & improve public health, design of cities & transport, building sustainably, safer cities by earthquake engineering and a few other things too. I also mentioned some virtual work experience in that industry I had done & volunteer work (not related to the course) and about some awards eg the biology Olympiad & Cambridge chem challenge!

I would recommend this course tbh if you’re interested in this field, like the environmental aspect as well as the opportunity to still go into similar industries as civil eng, architecture and a lot of others as I feel like this degree (and if you go down the consultancy route) leaves doors open to loads of industries. And not to mention the fact that it’s at UCL where the barlett got ranked 1st or sth recently so it’s deffo one of the best faculties for this course in the world!

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 3
thank you so much for this! I really appreciate it :smile:

Hi! Did you apply for this course this year? If so, have they gotten back to you yet? :tongue:
Original post by Deeja380
Hi! Did you apply for this course this year? If so, have they gotten back to you yet? :tongue:

Hi! I applied for the MEng in this course and got an offer of AAA in early January. Have you applied too? I can’t find anyone else that has!
Reply 5
Original post by Annaksoares
Hi! I applied for the MEng in this course and got an offer of AAA in early January. Have you applied too? I can’t find anyone else that has!

Omg no way hahaha. I applied for the beng but no offer yet ☹️ I applied mid December tho.. when did you apply? Are you thinking of firming it?
Reply 6
Hi! Yes, I did! I got an offer last week of AAA for the Bsc :smile:
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 7
Hi! Yes, I did! I got an offer last week of AAB for the Bsc :smile:
Hey well done! When did you apply? What other courses did you apply for?
Reply 8
Hey well done! When did you apply? What other courses did you apply for?
hey! I applied around mid December. I’ve mainly applied for Sustainable Development and Renewable Energy courses, but think I might firm UCL. What about you?
Reply 9
hey! I applied around mid December. I’ve mainly applied for Sustainable Development and Renewable Energy courses, but think I might firm UCL. What about you?
I applied for renewable energy courses too! I’m really really hoping for a UCL offer soon but if not it’s Exeter for renewable energy engineering 🙃. I applied December 12th so I’m hoping they respond soon. Are you a contextual applicant?
Reply 10
I applied for renewable energy courses too! I’m really really hoping for a UCL offer soon but if not it’s Exeter for renewable energy engineering 🙃. I applied December 12th so I’m hoping they respond soon. Are you a contextual applicant?
I applied to Exeter too! for the Sustainable Energy Futures course. Also, I don’t think I’m eligible for the UCL contextual applications btw. Good luck !!! :smile:)
Omg no way hahaha. I applied for the beng but no offer yet ☹️ I applied mid December tho.. when did you apply? Are you thinking of firming it?
I applied just at the end of November so maybe that’s why! I think I will be firming the offer, as it’s my favourite course out of the others I applied for!
I applied to Exeter too! for the Sustainable Energy Futures course. Also, I don’t think I’m eligible for the UCL contextual applications btw. Good luck !!! :smile:)
i just got an offer! I hope to see you this september!!
Reply 13
i just got an offer! I hope to see you this september!!
congrats!! so happy for youu and yes, hopefully see you in september! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending