The Student Room Group

Geography degree

What kind of jobs can you get with a geography degree ?
Possible related careers include town planning, environment agency, conservation charities, sustainability officer with large - medium companies, DEFRA,....
Unrelated jobs i.e. careers where you just need a degree in any subject include, accountancy, finance, banking, teaching, management consultancy, airline pilot.....
Original post by BetaVersion2.9
Possible related careers include town planning, environment agency, conservation charities, sustainability officer with large - medium companies, DEFRA,....
Unrelated jobs i.e. careers where you just need a degree in any subject include, accountancy, finance, banking, teaching, management consultancy, airline pilot.....

Thank you
Original post by TatianaB

Hi @TatianaB,
There are lots of geography related companies like working for environmental consultancy companies, water and energy companies, the environment agency, local rivers trust or environmental charities. Also local council offer lots of jobs whether this be local town planning, flood management, environment or waste management.
Further, as geography tends to be quite a broad degree there's lots of options to do things unrelated to geography once you graduate whether this be business, teaching or managerial roles.
Hope this helps!
-Jasmine (3rd year physical geographer, Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Thank you
Original post by TatianaB

Hi @TatianaB,

There are loads of things you can do with a geography degree.

I'd recommend taking a look at Prospects, which can give you some more information about what you can do with your degree, and more specifically, what you can do with a geography degree.

UCAS is also a great resource to use. They have some really useful information about what you can do with a specific degree, pathways to certain careers, and other options and routes that are available for you.

I hope this helps,
Isabella 🙂
Original post by Chester Student
Hi @TatianaB,

There are loads of things you can do with a geography degree.

I'd recommend taking a look at Prospects, which can give you some more information about what you can do with your degree, and more specifically, what you can do with a geography degree.

UCAS is also a great resource to use. They have some really useful information about what you can do with a specific degree, pathways to certain careers, and other options and routes that are available for you.

I hope this helps,
Isabella 🙂

Thank youuu

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending