The Student Room Group

AQA A-level History USA: Making of a Superpower (7042/1K) - 24 May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by nj_anonymous
I am actually doing quite similar stuff to this, some economy stuff in the early years too and all foreign policy really

I don't get foreign policy. I just find it so hard to revise
Reply 21
Is it worth revising us society in the 1920s and 45-75?
Reply 22
Original post by laibak4
Is it worth revising us society in the 1920s and 45-75?

Well last year 30 marker was on society 1920s and 1930s so I don't think that will come up
But society 45-75 i would revise
Reply 23
Does anyone have a plan for this question:
The presidents of gilded age were weak.

I know you'd have to talk about the civil service reform, pendelton act 1883
But how would you structure it. Would you have to do a paragraph on each president or?
Reply 24
What's everyone revised fully?
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by ifif4
Does anyone have a plan for this question:
The presidents of gilded age were weak.

I know you'd have to talk about the civil service reform, pendelton act 1883
But how would you structure it. Would you have to do a paragraph on each president or?

That question is horrible, first thing i would do is not pick it haha.
If i had to answer it i would go down the route of a president per paragraph but i don't think i know enough content.
Reply 26
If i had to answer it i would go down the route of a president per paragraph but i don't think i know enough content.

I know that's what I was thinking. Hopefully it won't come up
i have sneaking suspicion the extract question may be about cold war or politics during FDR there hasnt been any mention of that only a cold war 25 marker a few years back but it being an extract question it could be a possibility

dont do that it would come across to the examiner as fact checking and story telling if a presidential question comes up i would definetely structure it in the way of mentioning for example civil service reform and how it progressed through each president in the guilded age reather than going "the president garfield made small changes to civil service blah blah then mckinley blah blah " more try go for a "civil service reform was achieved/not achieved well throughout the guilded age this shown through the laissez faire approach presidents such as mckinley had blah blah"
Reply 29
Original post by FalingallAlevel
dont do that it would come across to the examiner as fact checking and story telling if a presidential question comes up i would definetely structure it in the way of mentioning for example civil service reform and how it progressed through each president in the guilded age reather than going "the president garfield made small changes to civil service blah blah then mckinley blah blah " more try go for a "civil service reform was achieved/not achieved well throughout the guilded age this shown through the laissez faire approach presidents such as mckinley had blah blah"

Will do thanks
Reply 30
i have sneaking suspicion the extract question may be about cold war or politics during FDR there hasnt been any mention of that only a cold war 25 marker a few years back but it being an extract question it could be a possibility

Yes it has to be on foreign policy because it has been on the economy or society for the past couple of years
Original post by ifif4
Yes it has to be on foreign policy because it has been on the economy or society for the past couple of years

if it is i really hope its 45-75 because my knowledge is very limited on foreign policy before that i guess i can sort of talkl about imperialism such as accidental empire or progressive imperialism and obviously in the earlier years the monroe doctrine and the lack of involvement with other countries honest i hate foreign policy id much rather have a society extract but i know that is highly unlikely :frown:
Reply 32
if it is i really hope its 45-75 because my knowledge is very limited on foreign policy before that i guess i can sort of talkl about imperialism such as accidental empire or progressive imperialism and obviously in the earlier years the monroe doctrine and the lack of involvement with other countries honest i hate foreign policy id much rather have a society extract but i know that is highly unlikely :frown:

Yeah I hate foreign policy too. Lets hope if it is foreign policy it is from 1945-75. Also do you think there would be a african american question as one of the 25 marker? I'm not sure because last year there already was

either that or an extract on the progressive era cuz i dont think thats come up before!
what are the chances of prohibition or domestic (45 - 75) coming up? i dont know those as well tbh
Reply 35
Original post by ifif4
Yeah I hate foreign policy too. Lets hope if it is foreign policy it is from 1945-75. Also do you think there would be a african american question as one of the 25 marker? I'm not sure because last year there already was

I feel like African Americans during the Civil Rights era (anything 1945-75... I guess that could also encompass Nation of Islam/Black Power/Black Panthers too) could come up? Either interpretations or essay... it doesn't seem to have appeared much apart from as something you could potentially talk about in terms of wider social divisions or how universal economic growth was...
Hi everyone, I've made this the official chat for this topic :smile: Good luck!
Original post by ifif4
FDR and new dealsSociety Cold war
There was an essay question about FDR last year so idk how likely they are to ask about him 2 years in a row
Anyone doing this topic for A Level history, this can be the exam chat and thread if there is enough people :smile:
Now its only 2 weeks until the exam how's the revision going for everyone, and does anyone have any predictions for what could come up?

there's not been a source question on anything under Populism, progressivism and imperialism so that's a focus to me. essay wise im at a loss
Original post by stxrm27
There was an essay question about FDR last year so idk how likely they are to ask about him 2 years in a row

Thats true but it wasnt specific on his political actions in the domestic environment i have a suspicion new deals may be a question i highly doubt there will be an african american american question or a question on society 20-45 those are the ones im sure wont pop up cold war however is a high possibility.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending