The Student Room Group

Consent

Last year a drunk girl kissed me at a party and she initiated it. I was sober but I carried on and she kept coming back for more. After a while she said she didn’t wanna make out anymore. I knew she was drunk but I didn’t realise how bad it was because she said she couldn’t remember in the morning. I shoulda educated myself on drunk consent. Did I commit sexual assault?
Reply 1
Bit of a grey one, that. The argument could probably be made that it sort of was, but if she's leading things I don't know that you're exactly supposed to stop and breathalyse her. Either way, it sounds like you stopped when she asked, which was the right thing.
Reply 2
Why are you reflecting on it now. To ban drunken kissing would be somewhat impractical, isn’t that what clubs are about, and presumably you complied when she said she wanted to stop. It does highlight though the pitfalls and need to be very careful with drunken encounters particularly with someone you don’t know. Kissing should be the limit in these situations
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Bit of a grey one, that. The argument could probably be made that it sort of was, but if she's leading things I don't know that you're exactly supposed to stop and breathalyse her. Either way, it sounds like you stopped when she asked, which was the right thing.

Yeah well when this happened, she seemed tipsy as she was talking normally and she seemed to know what was going on as she kept coming back to me however I know I shouldn’t have done that. I didn’t mean to take advantage of her like that, I’m not one of those creeps who looks out for drunk people. I saw just stupid as i thought she kissed me because she liked me so i carried on without realising how drunk she was. I made a mistake and I will not repeat it in the future and I will educate myself further
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Last year a drunk girl kissed me at a party and she initiated it. I was sober but I carried on and she kept coming back for more. After a while she said she didn’t wanna make out anymore. I knew she was drunk but I didn’t realise how bad it was because she said she couldn’t remember in the morning. I shoulda educated myself on drunk consent. Did I commit sexual assault?

No but she will say you did that's what girls do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending