The Student Room Group

Getting A*s in my A-Levels

Will I still be able to achieve top grades at the end of Yr13 when I haven't done much revision in Yr12? Is it possible?
Original post by InkaBloom
Will I still be able to achieve top grades at the end of Yr13 when I haven't done much revision in Yr12? Is it possible?

anything is possible 🤟🏽
Reply 2
Original post by idontlikeessays
anything is possible 🤟🏽

That's true :smile:
You still have this summer to solidify Y12 stuff. Just remember most things you learn in Y13 is built on top of Y12 content so if you don't understand Y12 then you may struggle in Y13
Original post by Carrotsroom
You still have this summer to solidify Y12 stuff. Just remember most things you learn in Y13 is built on top of Y12 content so if you don't understand Y12 then you may struggle in Y13

Imagine actually spending your summer doing work tho :colondollar:
Original post by InkaBloom

It is- but it depends on several factors.

Would you say you have a natural aptitude for your subjects?

How much time will you devote/have you devoted to revision in year 13?
Original post by GeT_iN_SHinJI
Imagine actually spending your summer doing work tho :colondollar:

If you want that A* then that's what you have to sacrifice. The jump from Y12 to Y13 is way bigger than GCSEs to Y12. If you plan on doing nothing over the summer on top of the little revision you did throughout Y12, you'll be saying bye to those A/A*s- top grades don't just come out of nowhere

Quick Reply

Latest