The Student Room Group

do i have a chance at law at bristol

so im predicted a*aa and i have 25 in lnat, i know its not great and im still on hold (for reference i have mid gcses, a few 9’s and 7’s but a couple 6’s too lols) tbh i thought bristol were just slow but i know someone who got a law offer recently from there with better grades than me so does anyone rly know? thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ieattoast420
so im predicted a*aa and i have 25 in lnat, i know its not great and im still on hold (for reference i have mid gcses, a few 9’s and 7’s but a couple 6’s too lols) tbh i thought bristol were just slow but i know someone who got a law offer recently from there with better grades than me so does anyone rly know? thanks
I am still on hold too. I have all 7’s and 8’s. Same A level predictions as you and 34 LNAT. I don’t think there have been many offers made yet. Hopefully we should know soon.
Hey! I applied to Bristol last year for law and got in, they put everyone on hold for quite a while. I didn't end up choosing Bristol, but from experience I know they're very strict on LNAT scores. They tend to favour high 30's or above 28. If you have good GCSEs and A-levels they sometimes allow 25-27 on LNAT, but it's very relative. Hope this helps!
Original post by aspenaccom
Hey! I applied to Bristol last year for law and got in, they put everyone on hold for quite a while. I didn't end up choosing Bristol, but from experience I know they're very strict on LNAT scores. They tend to favour high 30's or above 28. If you have good GCSEs and A-levels they sometimes allow 25-27 on LNAT, but it's very relative. Hope this helps!
Thanks. Do you mind saying what stats you had?
Original post by selby1974
Thanks. Do you mind saying what stats you had?
9s and 8s GCSES, A* A* A* in A-levels, 39 LNAT.
(edited 1 month ago)
Crumbs. No wonder you got an offer. Where did you end up ?
I am still on hold too. I have all 7’s and 8’s. Same A level predictions as you and 34 LNAT. I don’t think there have been many offers made yet. Hopefully we should know soon.
damn 34??? thats crazy howww
Crumbs. No wonder you got an offer. Where did you end up ?
Haha, no it was truly a miracle as my a-level grades were definitely not what I was predicted, don't worry! I'm currently in Oxford.
Haha, no it was truly a miracle as my a-level grades were definitely not what I was predicted, don't worry! I'm currently in Oxford.
omg ur the kid my mum always wanted
damn 34??? thats crazy howww
I have no idea but used arbitio
I got 29 on my lnat, and have a levels predicted A*AB (im contextual so only need AAB), but my gcses are kinda meh. I got an 8 and everything else 7's/6's, but flunked history and french with a 2 and a 4. kinda worried my gcse grades are gonna screw me over here
Original post by cmeterydrive
I got 29 on my lnat, and have a levels predicted A*AB (im contextual so only need AAB), but my gcses are kinda meh. I got an 8 and everything else 7's/6's, but flunked history and french with a 2 and a 4. kinda worried my gcse grades are gonna screw me over here
one of my friends got into oxford with a 5 in spanish and i know a guy who got into cambridge with mostly 6/7s. you have a great lnat score (literally im jealous give me ur score pls) and you should def get an offer!! good luck
one of my friends got into oxford with a 5 in spanish and i know a guy who got into cambridge with mostly 6/7s. you have a great lnat score (literally im jealous give me ur score pls) and you should def get an offer!! good luck
awhh thankyou so much!! you've given me confidence <3
woah which a levels and gcses did u do? and could u give advice for your lnat? x
Original post by klnlljkklhklll
woah which a levels and gcses did u do? and could u give advice for your lnat? x

hey! I did a-level economics, maths, business and sociology [but ended up dropping sociology, did an AS level in it instead] and for GCSE I did all the cores plus French, business, further maths, and history!
hey! I did a-level economics, maths, business and sociology [but ended up dropping sociology, did an AS level in it instead] and for GCSE I did all the cores plus French, business, further maths, and history!

do u have advuce for prepping for the lnat to get rlly high in it? xx
Original post by klnlljkklhklll
do u have advuce for prepping for the lnat to get rlly high in it? xx

I would say use arbitio a lot for practice, and download Financial Times as well as BBC News to keep up to date with current events in politics and the economy. The questions they ask for the second part (essay writing) will be based on the current PESTLE environment, so ensure you’re well rounded on that. I’d also say as you keep up with the news and stuff for the essay part, write down a positive point and negative points list for potential things you can write about if the topic appears on ur essay. For example (remember you’re given a couple essay options to choose from), I chose mine, out of my options, to be on genital mutilation that occurs in countries such as Mali which I had researched extensively before hand which allowed me to get really good feedback on the essay section. The multiple choice part is very important too, don’t get me wrong, but as this is law they’re also testing your ability to write concisely, fluently, and be able to contrast different points. This will also be a huge determining factor as to whether you get into your uni of choice (those that require LNAT that is), as you may potentially score low on the multiple choice but perform really well on your essay and thus they may give you an offer based solely on that.
guys i got a 23 and got an offer at the start of march😭 yall are gonna be fine, all the best !!
Original post by davidccch
I would say use arbitio a lot for practice, and download Financial Times as well as BBC News to keep up to date with current events in politics and the economy. The questions they ask for the second part (essay writing) will be based on the current PESTLE environment, so ensure you’re well rounded on that. I’d also say as you keep up with the news and stuff for the essay part, write down a positive point and negative points list for potential things you can write about if the topic appears on ur essay. For example (remember you’re given a couple essay options to choose from), I chose mine, out of my options, to be on genital mutilation that occurs in countries such as Mali which I had researched extensively before hand which allowed me to get really good feedback on the essay section. The multiple choice part is very important too, don’t get me wrong, but as this is law they’re also testing your ability to write concisely, fluently, and be able to contrast different points. This will also be a huge determining factor as to whether you get into your uni of choice (those that require LNAT that is), as you may potentially score low on the multiple choice but perform really well on your essay and thus they may give you an offer based solely on that.

How come you did research beforehand? Was it that you did an essay plan for each piece of news? ty so much for everything
Btw, Bristol reads the LNAT essay and uses this score alongside your MCQ score.
And, Bristol continues to make Law offers right up to the deadline in May.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending