The Student Room Group

A*s in A level with average GCSEs

Hi ! I was wondering whether anyone/knows of anyone who got average GCSE grades , and got A*s at A-level
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by ma15
Hi ! I was wondering whether anyone/knows of anyone who got average GCSE grades , and got A*s at A-level

I got 9,9,8,8,8,7,6,6,5 - which are pretty average I think, as I only got 6,6 for English. I got A*A*A (then A in EPQ) for A-Level, but mine were teacher predicted so....
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
What's your definition of average? (And did you get them in 2021 when grades were very high?)
Original post by izaakha
I got 9,9,8,8,8,7,6,6,5 - which are pretty average I think, as I only for 6,6 for English. I got A*A*A (then A in EPQ) for A-Level, but mine were teacher predicted so....

How did you manage to get A*s when you don't even know the meaning of average?
Reply 4
Original post by Itsmikeysfault
How did you manage to get A*s when you don't even know the meaning of average?

Don't quite know. I was lucky, as I had done alright in my tests over the 2 years. Can you tell I'm not very good at English. 😂
I also had average GCSEs with four 8s one 7 fours or five 6s and one 5. But at a level I got 2A*s and an A. At my school these gcse grades were considered the average. And it was bcz of my GCSEs grades that pushed me to work hard for a levels. I have friends who got all 9s or the majority 9s but didn’t get all As or A*s.
Reply 6
Original post by izaakha
Yes, my A-Levels are from 2021

Your A-level grades are astounding, and you should be incredibly proud of yourself! I struggled a lot doing online school for gcse , I couldn't even begin to image A-levels !!
Reply 7
Original post by user/23
Your A-level grades are astounding, and you should be incredibly proud of yourself! I struggled a lot doing online school for gcse , I couldn't even begin to image A-levels !!

Thank you. I found online college hard. I know someone from high school who did OK, 4s and 5s, who has just got a job as a mechanical engineer, with no A-Levels and just 1 BTEC. So just do what is best for you. Good luck
Reply 8
Original post by izaakha
I got 9,9,8,8,8,7,6,6,5 - which are pretty average I think, as I only got 6,6 for English. I got A*A*A (then A in EPQ) for A-Level, but mine were teacher predicted so....

Those aren't average gcse grades, average is grades 6 and 5, because that's what the majority of people get

Quick Reply

Latest