The Student Room Group

WJEC Unit 5 write up size

Hi
I am currently in my second year of A levels doing CS under WJEC. A (seemingly large) part of the course is the work for unit 5, where you have to design a digital system to replace an existing paper-based one and write up the whole process along with also implementing the system in a language of your choice.

The programming part doesn't worry me, but the write up examples my teacher has provided, seem excessively large. I merged all the parts and it runs to ~300 pages (in other words a medium sized book). This amount of work is what I would expect from a university course, not A level. It worries me since I do not think I will be able to complete such a large piece of work around my other subjects and I am amazed that it would be expected in the first place.

Is this volume of work what's expected for this unit? Or is my teacher just giving us unnecessarily large examples?
Original post by {object Object}
Hi
I am currently in my second year of A levels doing CS under WJEC. A (seemingly large) part of the course is the work for unit 5, where you have to design a digital system to replace an existing paper-based one and write up the whole process along with also implementing the system in a language of your choice.
The programming part doesn't worry me, but the write up examples my teacher has provided, seem excessively large. I merged all the parts and it runs to ~300 pages (in other words a medium sized book). This amount of work is what I would expect from a university course, not A level. It worries me since I do not think I will be able to complete such a large piece of work around my other subjects and I am amazed that it would be expected in the first place.
Is this volume of work what's expected for this unit? Or is my teacher just giving us unnecessarily large examples?

hi sorry that this has nothing to do with your post but do you still have your alevel computer science notes or flashcards?
thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending