The Student Room Group

Jobs for 14 year olds

Hi I'm 14 and was wondering what jobs I could do at my age? I'm desperate for money and need to know ASAP! Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Paper round?
Reply 2
Paper round is all I can think of too unless you know someone. People don't really want to hire 14 year olds.
Reply 3
Is it even legal to hire 14 year olds?
Reply 4
Original post by Wr0nsk1
You can work from 13 but if you are under school leaving age then it can only be outside school hours, with time off during school holidays, no more than 4hrs out of 5, after 7am, before 7pm, not within 1hr of school starting and a whole bunch of stuff like that.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
hav' ye thought of becoming a chimney sweeper?
Reply 6
dog walking services?
as others have said, paper round, dog walking...

I'm gonna add to that babysitting, car washing, make things and sell them e.g. jewellery, cards, etc., odd jobs etc.
Reply 8
Some people i knew at that age worked in a takeaway shop. Answering phones or behind counter to take order.
also hairdressers sometimes hire younger people to make tea/sweep hair? but you often need to know someone

but a paper round is your best bet
Reply 10
You could be a groupie for 1 Direction.

I was about to say you could also be groupie for Lost Prophets, but I think you may be a bit too old.
Drug dealer, loan shark....

Paper round, pot wash, moving people lawns?
Reply 12
Paper round comes to mind, my 14 year old brother does it.
factories man, just not legally
yes its legal
Original post by Wr0nsk1

yes its is legal, I've had a previous job but it was unpaid i quit because i moved home
Original post by summer26
dog walking services?

i need something i can do long term walking dogs is a good idea though i was hoping for a proper payed job like working in a cafe
You can wash up in cafes.
Yes
Original post by L.francis
Hi I'm 14 and was wondering what jobs I could do at my age? I'm desperate for money and need to know ASAP! Thanks

Have you tried doing the paper round? Im 14 and i dont do the paper round personally but alot of my friends do and they said its good. But you have to wake up early!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending