The Student Room Group

Help meeee 😢

I’m a 14 year old girl, and I might like a 12 year old boy… is that okay and what should I do? He doesn’t go to my school, I met him at an outside activity
Reply 1
Original post by ReannaW
I’m a 14 year old girl, and I might like a 12 year old boy… is that okay and what should I do? He doesn’t go to my school, I met him at an outside activity

Just think about the fact that you’re a teenager and he’s still technically a child. 2 years once you’re older is nothing 18 and 20 or even 16 and 18. But right now I don’t think it’s okay purely because you’re in different stages of your life.
It’s different for everyone but I definitely feel that 14 is massively older than 12 even though there is only 2 years and I believe you could be greatly judged by your peers which you do not want to have to deal with as being a teen is hard enough without added pressure
Reply 2
Original post by ReannaW

Approach the boy and express your feelings but don't push it. I wish i was the boy lol:smile:
Reply 3
The 'half your age plus seven' rule would suggest not, but meh upto you.
Reply 4
What year of school are you guys in ? I'd advise against it. At least wait until he is 13 and you are 15.
Reply 5
Why not just just being friends to begin with and see how things go...
Reply 6
Original post by ReannaW

bit odd ngl
Reply 7
Original post by ReannaW

I'd say wait till he's a teen
Reply 8
Original post by Feeb_05
Just think about the fact that you’re a teenager and he’s still technically a child. 2 years once you’re older is nothing 18 and 20 or even 16 and 18. But right now I don’t think it’s okay purely because you’re in different stages of your life.
It’s different for everyone but I definitely feel that 14 is massively older than 12 even though there is only 2 years and I believe you could be greatly judged by your peers which you do not want to have to deal with as being a teen is hard enough without added pressure

Ngl I wasn’t planning on doing anything about it anyway, but I’d prefer to get it off my chest yk, I don’t want it to be completely and morally wrong and have that be on my conscience iykwim
Reply 9
Original post by ReannaW

Hey, if you're really into this lad, I say go for it! No harm in mustering up some courage and letting him know how you feels. Life's too short for regrets, right? Just make sure to choose the right moment and be honest with him. Best of luck, mate!
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 10
Original post by ReannaW
Ngl I wasn’t planning on doing anything about it anyway, but I’d prefer to get it off my chest yk, I don’t want it to be completely and morally wrong and have that be on my conscience iykwim

Oh yh definitely

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending