The Student Room Group

Advertising Undergrad Degrees

I am looking to apply to degrees in Advertising however when I literally research it I can’t find ANYONE who has took an Advertising degree in the UK I need helppppp! Does anyone actually take it? For example, I am going to apply to Communication, PR and Advertising at City, University Of London but cannot find anyone who has applied or doing it so I have come on here to find anyone that has took/applying to an Advertising degree :smile:
Hi @rubylucyy

Advertising is a marketing tactic. I would advise you to apply for a Marketing Degree.

Best wishes,
Minkateko - University of Essex Online Student Ambassador
Reply 2
Original post by MS_UoEOnline
Hi @rubylucyy

Advertising is a marketing tactic. I would advise you to apply for a Marketing Degree.

Best wishes,
Minkateko - University of Essex Online Student Ambassador

but i’m mainly interested in advertising and some marketing degrees are all about analytics 💔 i want to learn the more creative aspect. would you still recommend marketing tho? as i’m stuck between the two
Original post by rubylucyy
but i’m mainly interested in advertising and some marketing degrees are all about analytics 💔 i want to learn the more creative aspect. would you still recommend marketing tho? as i’m stuck between the two

Advertising is too specific for a degree/career. You need wider skills and understanding of connecting activities. It's like looking for a degree in 'supermarket layouts', you also need to understand customer psychology, dimension of products, product demand, refresh rates, shelving technology, power supplies etc. So there is probably no specific undergrad degree is such a niche.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending