The Student Room Group

Switching to medicine

Are there any Universities that I can apply to a course similar to medicine and then switch to medicine at the end of the first year. I am currently doing Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths and Physics. I am currently looking at Universities Cambridge, Bristol, Leicester, Manchester, Liverpool, and Sheffield.
Reply 1
Original post by Ozzzzz06
Are there any Universities that I can apply to a course similar to medicine and then switch to medicine at the end of the first year. I am currently doing Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths and Physics. I am currently looking at Universities Cambridge, Bristol, Leicester, Manchester, Liverpool, and Sheffield.

will be a lot easier to apply for medicine straightaway - graduate entry medicine is a lot more competitive.
Reply 2
Original post by Ozzzzz06

There are transfer schemes between courses as you have described but they are incredibly competitive and not guaranteed. Often these will require high performance in your first degree, specific alevel or ucat requirements and interviews with most having ~50-60 people for ~5 places. My recommendations would be to try and apply to undergraduate medicine as it is less competitive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending