The Student Room Group

How to revise for a practical

Practicals are my weak point: I find them really hard to learn and revise
I dont know how you can learn and memorise the multi step processes exactly, while including all the key terms and understanding whats going on
Do you need to know the steps of a practical (im talking about core practicals) by heart? and if so, whats the best way of learning and memorising a practical (videos online arent much help, and textbooks give LOTS of steps , which make it impossible to memorise
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Practical specific books will help you become familiar with the step by step approach and potential questions. Watching videos every morning for a few minutes each day might help. Write out what you remember. Write in another colour what you forgot. Eventually you shouldn't need to fill in anything at all. Even making step by step flashcards on Quizlet might help (number on one side, step on the other). Don't forget to revise dangers of the practical too! Good luck.
Adding on to the last post, I also recommend just looking at the mark scheme of past questions of practicals just so you know what they are typically looking for in a question. The mark scheme will tell you the key points they want you to include and therefore can help make your revision more target focused. Something I did for my GCSEs and worked pretty well!
Reply 3
I also came back here to recommend physicsandmathstutor.com because they have brilliant practical resources :smile:
Reply 4
Make sure to remember how to improve the practical (if in doubt, say repeat AND find an average). Also, be aware of the variables i.e. the independent, dependant and control variables etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending