The Student Room Group

Struggling with maths

How do I cover all the GCSE maths topic before GCSEs. It takes me ages just to cover 1 topic. I feel like I won’t be able to cover all the content before GCSEs which are in 2 months. How do I know if my revision method is effective? What I do is go onto maths genie watch the video do as the question with him on a white Board and do practice questions and repeat for all the topics and I also do Corbett maths 5 a day anything I get wrong I make notes on. When I’m done covering all the topics I will do past papers. Anything I get wrong in the past papers I will re learn by watching the video and doing practice questions. I need a 5 but I’m happy with a 4 I’m at a 3. Can I get that with the remaining time?
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Abbs23-
How do I cover all the GCSE maths topic before GCSEs. It takes me ages just to cover 1 topic. I feel like I won’t be able to cover all the content before GCSEs which are in 2 months. How do I know if my revision method is effective? What I do is go onto maths genie watch the video do as the question with him on a white Board and do practice questions and repeat for all the topics and I also do Corbett maths 5 a day anything I get wrong I make notes on. When I’m done covering all the topics I will do past papers. Anything I get wrong in the past papers I will re learn by watching the video and doing practice questions. I need a 5 but I’m happy with a 4 I’m at a 3. Can I get that with the remaining time?
Hi @Abbs23-

It sounds like you've been doing some great revision here! My best advice is always to try past exam papers as you are doing as these can help you cover lots of topics in one revision session.

Boosting your grade up to a 4 or even 5 sounds doable, and you seem really focused on improving, which will help.

One of my biggest mistakes with maths, was that I would rush through reading the question and would often misunderstand or not fully answer the questions. In the exam, make sure to go back to basics - read the questions carefully, show your working out and make your answer clear.

Your revision already sounds pretty good. Being good with maths is all about the practice - so the more practice questions you complete, the more progress you should see. Make sure you try some past papers in timed conditions too so you get used to the exam style setting and time restrictions.

Best of luck with your revision! 🙂
Emily
Student Rep at BCU

Quick Reply

Latest