The Student Room Group

my bf is acting cold and distant

i have asked him why and he wants space and isn't willing to talk to me i don't think i did anything too upset him but i might of done so now i'm sad and worried abt it

what should i do?
Reply 1
people process things in different ways. it was probably nothing you did, he just feels like he can't talk to you about it and wants some space. maybe when he's in a better headspace he will come around and talk to you about what's been going on. it's best to just respect his wishes at this point in time.
Reply 2
Hey, listen. A lot of people require personal space to process things. If it is something you've done (which I doubt) then he is sure to approach the subject at his own pace. For now, there is no point fretting over something that may or may not happen. Until you know for certain what the issue is, the best thing to do is just give him time. There are always people to talk to, myself included, whilst this persists. Sometimes people make the mistakes of assuming things too soon based off of peoples' behaviour and come to some rash conclusions. If anything, he probably just has some things to sort out in his own mind. Offer him your time if he wants it, but that's all you can do to be supportive on your behalf. I hope you both manage to work things out between you.
Reply 3
Consider preemptive dumping, it does your self esteem no end of good if it doesn’t work out
Reply 4
Excuse me, he's your boyfriend and you deserve an explanation at least. Leaving you wondering is cold and cruel.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by xox416
Excuse me, he's your boyfriend and you deserve an explanation at least. Leaving you wondering is cold and cruel.

You’re right, being off with your partner is a really unpleasant thing to do
Reply 6
Try And respects his wishes and give him space
It might be hard but try doing things that you enjoy and that are good for your mental health and before you know it he’ll be ready to open up to you

Original post by Anonymous
i have asked him why and he wants space and isn't willing to talk to me i don't think i did anything too upset him but i might of done so now i'm sad and worried abt it

what should i do?
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous

what should i do?

maybe he is just not feeling up to the mark, he might be going through some of his own turmoil. sometimes, some fights have to be fought alone. do not worry, he will be up and running soon. if he has not said anything that you have done something, then you have nothing to fear.

sending happiness :smile:
Reply 8
Avoid overthinking and just give him space. At times we men need time to process some things and also reflect on our goals. It is a matter of time and he is going to disclose to you everything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending