The Student Room Group

ex friendship dilema

in the beginning of year 13 (Sep 2022) me and my bf split. it was also challenging and bc we were together for so long everything changed. I lost family and friend collection (one being my bestest friend but we decided it was best if we stopped being friends as he was closer to my ex bf). Leavers day is this friday and i havent spoken to them properly in a while and I would love to speak to them and say goodbye as we did not end up on good terms and both said hurtul things. I have sm anxiety abt it and not sure if its a gut instinct telling me not to do it but i know i will regret walking out of those school gates without addressing them. Help please!!
Original post by cocoalemons
in the beginning of year 13 (Sep 2022) me and my bf split. it was also challenging and bc we were together for so long everything changed. I lost family and friend collection (one being my bestest friend but we decided it was best if we stopped being friends as he was closer to my ex bf). Leavers day is this friday and i havent spoken to them properly in a while and I would love to speak to them and say goodbye as we did not end up on good terms and both said hurtul things. I have sm anxiety abt it and not sure if its a gut instinct telling me not to do it but i know i will regret walking out of those school gates without addressing them. Help please!!

If you're unlikely to see each other again after this Friday (and exams) and you think you'll regret not saying anything, ask to speak to them at some point during the week and wish them all the best. Hopefully, they'll be willing to talk properly about how things are before you go.
Reply 2
Original post by SagaciousSag
If you're unlikely to see each other again after this Friday (and exams) and you think you'll regret not saying anything, ask to speak to them at some point during the week and wish them all the best. Hopefully, they'll be willing to talk properly about how things are before you go.

Thanks for the advice!! This is all true but I just worry that on the day I’ll have a mental blockage and find any excuse not to do it bc I’m scared of them acting in a way I don’t want them to (rejecting to talk to me, being cold) bc idk how I would react as it may re-open some wounds

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending