The Student Room Group

Is there a possibility that my bf is cheating?

Hey, I’m a 16yo and i have a bf for almost 1 year. I never doubted him but lately he’s been giving me the benefit of the doubt. He started to act a bit dry and distant. I think he might be cheating with his long time friend. He doesn’t let me take a look at his phone, he is active but doesn’t reply, when i ask him to call he is always busy and things like that, he never makes time for me anymore and with our one year anniversary coming up he just acting a bit weird. He would always make a big deal even for a week anniversary even bigger deal for a month anniversary. Can yall please give me a heads up if i should breakup with him of wait to see if they are planning a surprise date or something because it wouldn’t be the first time?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hey, I’m a 16yo and i have a bf for almost 1 year. I never doubted him but lately he’s been giving me the benefit of the doubt. He started to act a bit dry and distant. I think he might be cheating with his long time friend. He doesn’t let me take a look at his phone, he is active but doesn’t reply, when i ask him to call he is always busy and things like that, he never makes time for me anymore and with our one year anniversary coming up he just acting a bit weird. He would always make a big deal even for a week anniversary even bigger deal for a month anniversary. Can yall please give me a heads up if i should breakup with him of wait to see if they are planning a surprise date or something because it wouldn’t be the first time?

don't break up with him just yet.That won't get you anywhere. If you're worried about it you should address it to him. Don't put it in an upsetting way as you want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Explain that you are nervous and feel rejected and distanced recently. He may come completely clean and admit to cheating, or he may admit to planning something. Does he give you a reason for being busy? Also, if he doesn't give you the time anymore then are you sure your relationship is solid even if he isn't cheating? If he gives no reasoning to his distance I think it is whatever you are comfortable with. Don't stay in an unhappy relationship because you want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Stay in the relationship if you are both happy and support each other.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2

don't break up with him just yet.That won't get you anywhere. If you're worried about it you should address it to him. Don't put it in an upsetting way as you want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Explain that you are nervous and feel rejected and distanced recently. He may come completely clean and admit to cheating, or he may admit to planning something. Does he give you a reason for being busy? Also, if he doesn't give you the time anymore then are you sure your relationship is solid even if he isn't cheating? If he gives no reasoning to his distance I think it is whatever you are comfortable with. Don't stay in an unhappy relationship because you want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Stay in the relationship if you are both happy and support each other.

Thank you for that i will take your advice and wait a little bit longer to see what unfolds and if i will have any suspicions i will address them to him directly and talk it through. And no he doesn’t give me excuses for being busy he just says “im busy later” not even “no sory im busy i will call you later i love you” he doesn’t even give effort and till lats week we were happy and now it all changed. I really hope he is just planning something because i don’t want to lose him.
Reply 3
The phone issue is about trust. Did he let you access it before or he never let you at all. Just wait for the one year anniversary and you can call it, depending on what he does it will give you your answer. So you can make up your mind.
Original post by Anonymous #1

Did he always let u look on his phone? bc if no, then him not allowing you isn't a sign of anything.
Talk to him and see how it pans out. If ur not satisfied with it, then breakup.
Go with ur gut
Original post by Faultybot
The phone issue is about trust. Did he let you access it before or he never let you at all. Just wait for the one year anniversary and you can call it, depending on what he does it will give you your answer. So you can make up your mind.

Yes he did let me use his phone but lately he is just distracting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending